PDA

View Full Version : Brant eating breakfast

BillTyler
01-01-2010, 08:40 PM
This guy was really enjoying the greener bits in the pile of seaweed.

Canon 50D
Canon 500mm f/4 IS with 1.4x extender
1/160 at f/5.6
ISO 320

Eye lightened in PS, and additional processing in Lightroom 2.

Bill

Lance Peters
01-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi Bill - Happy new year.
Head area looks a tad soft - shutter speed a little slow for the focal length you were shooting at (General guideline = minimum shutter speed 1 over the focal length)
Feels a little tight up front - a tad more space perhaps - would also remove the green area in the upper right hand corner - creates a contrast line that draws the eye away from your subject.
Keep em coming :)

Gus Cobos
01-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi Bill,
I agree with Mr. Peters on the techs. and sound advise given. I might also suggest that for your next one, try getting a lower capture angle...looking forward to the next one...:cool:

BillTyler
01-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I'm not sure it's the 1/focal length thing. I was using a sturdy tripod and IS, both of which should allow a slower shutter. However, the head was moving (thus the twisty shape of the seaweed), and the shutter was probably too slow to stop it completely. Some others from the series of shots I made show a much blurrier head (especially as compared to the body and the non-moving parts of the scene.) I'll try your suggestions about space and the green area later tonight. Not much I can do about the head at this point.

Bill