PDA

View Full Version : The Road to Mastery

Randy Stout
12-31-2009, 07:52 PM
I have seen this anonymous roadmap before, but it strikes me how applicable it is to photography

1) Unconscious incompetence
2) Conscious incompetence
3) Conscious competence
4) Unconscious competence

My interpretation:

1) don't know what you are doing, and aren't aware of same
2) don't know what you are doing, but know it
3) Know what you are doing, but have to think about it
4) Know what you are doing, don't have to think about it.

I generally hover between 2-3 most the time.

On good days, a bit better.

Just a little tidbit for the New Year.

Great photos to you in 2010

Randy

Jim Neiger
12-31-2009, 08:28 PM
There is also a little known fifth level of true mastery. In the fifth level not only do you not need to be conscious, you don't need to even be present. When you reach the fifth level you will likely have mastered photography to the point where you may win the wildlife photographer of the year award. :)

Fabs Forns
12-31-2009, 08:48 PM
There is also a little known fifth level of true mastery. In the fifth level not only do you not need to be conscious, you don't need to even be present. When you reach the fifth level you will likely have mastered photography to the point where you may win the wildlife photographer of the year award. :)

Hahahahahahahha...

Ed Cordes
12-31-2009, 11:16 PM

Love it Jim!!!

Sabyasachi Patra
01-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Jim,
That was terrific. Enjoyed it. Will remember it for a long time.
Have a great year ahead.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi