View Full Version : Marsh Trail

Lance Warley
12-31-2009, 11:50 AM
A Loxahatchee cloudscape

5D II + 17-40 @40mm F16; ss1/10; iso 100; polarizer and 3-stop grad

Happy holidays, everyone :)

Dave Mills
12-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi Lance, A healthy, happy new year to you also. The cloud is very dynamic with good positioning within the image.The 3 stop grad and polar certainly helped pull the detail out of the cloud. Wondering if the image needs a slight CW rotation or is it an illusion?

Stu Bowie
01-01-2010, 03:24 AM
Lance, good detail throughout, and love that dominating cloud. I agree with Dave that this needs a slight CW rotation, and if this were mine, I would take off the LHS, and add to the RHS. Just a thought.

Roman Kurywczak
01-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Hey Lance,
Same to you and your family! It is an ever so slight rotation but I like the fact you kept the cloud top in as it really compliments the trees, grasses, and water nicely. You balanced the scene very well, so I wouldn't change a thing!!!

Daniel Cadieux
01-02-2010, 02:10 PM
The image does feel a bit slanted and I find the top part of the cloud a little close to the edge, but I love the image. The cloud's shape seems to echo that of the trees!

Peter Farrell
01-02-2010, 08:55 PM
This has such a great 3D look to it. The cloud is superb.
Peter

John Ippolito
01-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Hi Lance, Hope you had a great holiday as well! I really like the perspective you chose and especially the way the dramatic cloud mimics the tree island, which others have also picked up on. Good use of the 3 stop ND. I like it alot, well done!

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Lance,

Because the cloud is close to the top of the image. I would crop some off the bottom to bring the grass edge (just in front of the trees) closer to the bottom image edge.

Depending upon wind direction, they may not have happened, but if things were working in your favor waiting for the cloud to drift right to get better separation with the tree mass and forming a stronger diagonal in the image between the two would have strengthened the composition IMO.