PDA

View Full Version : Ramganga river

Harshad Barve
12-30-2009, 03:25 AM
Dear all
Made this with D300 , 600mm, ISO 200 , f6.3 ,1/250
I remember I have posted one image of this sequence in Wildlife and Roman suggested me this is Landscape image.
Taken from high point called as High banks , Only point in Corbett NP where you can get down of the vehicle
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Peter Farrell
12-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Beautiful image. I like the highlights on the fast moving water and the BG rocks. And of course the Tiger in the water is a big plus. Maybe less FG grass and more BG rocks. (If I saw a tiger in a river I would probably be so excited I would forget to take a picture)
Peter

Dave Mills
12-30-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Harshad, Very interesting view since most of us in the states would not see such a sweeping view of a tiger in habitat. For me the image is not an easy call whether to crop some areas and accentuate the tiger or leave it to show more of the terrain. In this case I think the interest lies in the habitat and I would leave it alone. There are obviously other ways to shoot this and it would be interesting to see other comps...

John Ippolito
12-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Very different tigerscape, Harshad. I like the placement of the tiger between the two riffles in the river. I would clone out the bit of distracting dry grass that stands above the rocky beach to the left of the tiger. I too can not decide on a crop that would make sense. TFS.

Ramesh Adkoli
12-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Lovely view of the habitat, Harshad. It is a rare image as one would mostly be tempted to zoom in the big cat. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Stu Bowie
01-01-2010, 03:33 AM
Harshadbhai, I like the enviromental aspect in this. Great to see your favourate pet enjoying a swim. If you have space, I would take off the bottom to just above the grasses, and add a lot to the top. What do you think Harshadbhai?

Harshad Barve
01-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Agree with you will give a try

Ken Watkins
01-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Truly magical, I agree that a little off the botom may be good. The colours in the water make this for me.

Roman Kurywczak
01-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi Harshad,
Since you have so many wonderful close ups of tigers, I really enjoy this wider view to show the enviroment. I read all the comments above and while I did take some off the bottom, I felt the grasses just added another layer to the scene. The flow of the image clearly followed the river, so I removed some of the space on the left as to me it drew the eye too much. I did take some off the top also, just to keep the 2-3 ratio.....but you may want to skip that as the rocks provide a very nice backdrop. Very nicely done showing us this beautiful creature in its habitat!

Harshad Barve
01-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Roman
Thanks for advise and beautiful repost

Indranil Sircar
01-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Beautiful image, Harshad. I like Roman's repost with he crop keeping the focus on the flow of the river yet having the layers of grass, water, rock. Great light. I would be interested to see a close-up of the tiger in the water; maybe in a different post. TFS

Harshad Barve
01-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Beautiful image, Harshad. I like Roman's repost with he crop keeping the focus on the flow of the river yet having the layers of grass, water, rock. Great light. I would be interested to see a close-up of the tiger in the water; maybe in a different post. TFS

May be in May 2010 when I will go corbett again , You can see how far tiger was, this image is made with 1.5x crop body using 600mm:eek::eek:

Gus Cobos
01-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Harshadbhai,
This is simply a stunning capture of this majestic cat in its natural surroundings. Well done Sir...:cool:

Indranil Sircar
01-02-2010, 12:01 AM
May be in May 2010 when I will go corbett again , You can see how far tiger was, this image is made with 1.5x crop body using 600mm:eek::eek:

Oh yes, I missed the focal length being 600mm!! TFS