PDA

View Full Version : Moore plains (Ladakh India)

RAM MALLYA
12-30-2009, 03:22 AM
This was on the way to Ladakh India . This place is known as Moore plains.
Amazing place for landscapes.
Shutter 1/500
Aperture F/4
Lens 18-55
Focal length 18mm
ISO 100

RAM MALLYA
12-30-2009, 03:23 AM
Forgot to mention used circular poloriser for the blue sky .

Peter Farrell
12-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Great deoth to this image I really find myself drawn into it. Very good perspective and composition.
I love the blue sky and clouds.
Peter

Dave Mills
12-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Hi Ram, Interesting comp where you used the scrub as a foreground leading you to the distant mountains.I used a CW rotation on the image to make it level. On the mountains and the plains I used a levels adj to lighten them and about 12pts of saturation to give it a bit more color...
Had to crop a small amount out due to rotating the image.

RAM MALLYA
12-31-2009, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the new compo Dave it surely looks better.

Roman Kurywczak
01-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Hi Ram,
Nice advice from Dave above and I want to give you arecommendation for your future attempts: You can easily sacrifice a good bit of speed, even hand held, and give that to DOF and yiled an image with more apparent sharpness throughout the scene. If you really study some of the landscape work of others generally they opt for more DOF and then use a tripod. In these lighting conditions, you could have easily gone to f11 and 1/100th sec all readily hand held. I would love to see this area with early morning or even late afternoon light but don't forget that you will then need the tripod!

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Ram,

I agree with Peter's, Dave's and Roman's comments. I endorse Roman's comment on more DOF especially for am image like this and what you are trying to achieve in it.

The clouds look a too hot (i.e., close to being blown out) in some areas.