PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted & Defeated

Michael Bertelsen
12-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Captured this image in October. We were waiting for another bull to show when this guy came across the far end of the marsh and disappeared into the black spruce. Ten minutes latter he's attached to a bull of equal size but with a drop tine. For twenty minutes they turned the marsh into a mudhole before the winner chased this sweat soaked guy in front of us. We could feel the marsh move when the two ran by us.:eek:

D300 + 200 - 400mm f4 at 280mm with Manfroto Monopod
f 5.6
1/13 sec
ISO 400
-1/3 stop
No crop, had to add a little just behind the rear leg.

Thanks for looking,

Michael Bertelsen
www.algonquinparkphototours.com (http://www.algonquinparkphototours.com)

David Fletcher
12-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Lovely blur shot Michael. Gives a good feeling of this huge bull crashing through a wet and dank forest. WD!

Harshad Barve
12-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Lovely blur shot Michael. Gives a good feeling of this huge bull crashing through a wet and dank forest. WD!

+ 1 here & thanks for sharing

Michael Bertelsen
12-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks David and Harshad for your kind words. Have a happy New Year!:)

Michael Bertelsen

Alfred Forns
12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi Michael I like the use of a blurring shutter speed and you came up with lots of detail in the head area, about all I could wish more is a bit more room, image feels tight in frame. Would like some room for the virtual legs and for him to move into !! Fine image, like it a lot !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
12-31-2009, 12:13 PM
I like the feel of this one Michael. The colours, the implied motion, make it rather special IMO. Must have been quite a sight.