PDA

View Full Version : I HATE rain!

Steve Kaluski
12-29-2009, 05:01 AM
Technically, not brilliant, but occasionally an image can convey something more, through it's content, if that makes sense? Taken around mid afternoon (3.30pm ish), on the way back from one of the Mara crossings.

With the huge number of Wildebeest massing to cross the river (5-25k+ at times), it's like 'meals on wheels' for the cats that live in the area. Easy pickings! However, the smaller cats like the Cheetah would prefer to take down something smaller. In this occasion a Cheetah had been stalking a small herd of Impala that were moving with the Wildebeest, I guess safety in numbers, when suddenly the heaven opened and he was caught out in it, with no shelter. :D

Resigned, he just sat and waited and became very put out, as it continued to rain for over three quarters an hour and the herds move off, out of range. Not fun for us either, as the land rover slid it's way along the track like some endurance rally.:)

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 plus 1.4x 1/250 f/6.3 ISO400 (bean bag resting on the window) soggy kit!

Harshad Barve
12-29-2009, 05:41 AM
Must be awesome experiance Steve , I dont find technical fault here and expressive image showing frustations of Cheeah very well
TFS

Ken Watkins
12-29-2009, 05:49 AM
Steve,

The expression is priceless!
I for one do not care to put tecnichal brilliance above the moment!

Marc Mol
12-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Lovely moment, very well captured Steve, the look on the Cheetah is priceless.
If only you had less sky in the BG to show off those raindrops.
Another vote for the moment over techs.;)
TFS

Danny J Brown
12-29-2009, 04:25 PM
I know we all sound anthropomorphic but that cheetah is definitely one unhappy camper. This is a very cool photo and caught my attention longer than most have lately.

Indranil Sircar
12-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Outstanding capture, Steve. The image itself tells a great story with that expression and your narrative. TFS.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-30-2009, 05:10 AM
Hi Steve,
I agree with Marc. The moment is well captured. Less of sky would have been better here. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Lana Hays
12-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Steve
The look on his face says it all!! What a wonderful image.