shutter speed 1/400
iso 400

Harshad Barve
12-29-2009, 03:53 AM
You can see raised ears of OOF deers here and thats the winning key for me
TFS

Ken Watkins
12-29-2009, 03:54 AM
An interesting pose, I think the Tiger could do with a little selective sharpening.

Nice to see the follow me patches on the ears.

Dave Phillips
12-29-2009, 04:23 AM
really like the story that this tells.....good capture.
Note that you have posted in Adobe RGB colorspace and some browsers
will not see color you intended. Best to post in sRGB colospace.

Might suggest shifting the histogram a bit to the right(I may have gone a bit too much),
thanks for sharing the big cat

Steve Kaluski
12-29-2009, 05:39 AM
Interesting to get the Tigers POV. Good highlight Harshad about the ears of the deer show the alertness of the herd. A very good position for the shot.

The BG does look a tad odd, but that might be through the processing of the original perhaps. I think what Dave has done is much better given that he has worked from the original posting, but I fear the original may not be that sharp. In addition, ALL web imagery must be sRGB irrespective of web browsers, as sRGB & web do not have the same colour range as RGB.

David Fletcher
12-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Feel the ideal would be somewhere between Dave's post and the OP Niranjan. Converted this to sRGB at 72dpi but I felt the major issues were the very small file size causing pixelation (84kb) and slightly over saturated.

Steps I took was to reset the dpi to 72, convert to sRGB. Reverse S curve in Curves. -7 on Saturation. +5 on Vibrance, +2 in Selective color on the Whites and Neutrals. Selection on Tiger and some Smart Sharpen in Luminosity blend Mode. +10 Brightness.

At 84 kb, the file size is way to small for me to contemplate fixing to show at this web size. Some TLC on the original file and you'll have a lovely shot.

Marc Mol
12-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Dave's repost looks the best (given the tiny file size).
Nice image from the Tigers perspective, with the deer's full attention.
TFS

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Niranjan....extremely well composed picture that tells a story.

Crop your photo for composition, then resize it to fit in the 1024 * 800 limit. Then do 'save for web'. adjust the quality number so that the file size is just below 200KB. In most cases, I can keep quality over 80 and it still comes below 200KB. Most of us do selective sharpening of subject and selective NR on BG after resizing. Hope that helps.

Santosh Tigga Saligram
02-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Lovely one, Niranjan! I like the low angle, the chubbiness of the tiger and its looking at the deer!