PDA

View Full Version : BPN Facebook Page

Harold Davis
12-28-2009, 03:49 PM
hey everyone. BPN has it's own FB page now. drop by and check it out. we will be doing some fun stuff over there and try to keep everyone up to date on different events.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/pages/BirdPhotographersnet/73383408095?ref=ts

join in the fun!!

your FB Ambassador

Harold Davis

Tony Whitehead
12-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks for that, Harold.:)

James Shadle
12-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks again Harold!
PS Does this mean you got over the image of you I posted:)?
James

Harold Davis
12-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Thanks again Harold!
PS Does this mean you got over the image of you I posted:)?
James

NOT EVEN!!!!!:D

denise ippolito
01-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Nice work H.:)

Dan Brown
01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
A question. I am not on facebook but most of my family is and as a result, my family isn't using email as much and this results in me not recieving timely info (I'm out of the loop!)! Is this what will happen to BPN?:(

Fabs Forns
01-02-2010, 10:04 PM
A question. I am not on facebook but most of my family is and as a result, my family isn't using email as much and this results in me not recieving timely info (I'm out of the loop!)! Is this what will happen to BPN?:(

Of course not!!! No critique in Facebook :)

Dave Phillips
01-02-2010, 10:07 PM
I too am not on Facebook and have wondered if the info there
is redundant of what is here on BPN?

If so, I can see it may be directed at a different audience.
If the info is not redundant to what is on BPN, then I am missing
something by having to go there for additional info.

just a bit more explanation please and thank you

Harold Davis
01-03-2010, 05:43 AM
you are right, dave. i think most everything on the FB page will be redundant. i can already see that there are a few people on the FB page that may not have heard of BPN. i'd say it's a pretty good PR tool.

no worries. you wont miss anything!!!:)

Jamie Strickland
01-03-2010, 08:24 AM
FB will not replace here because the image uploads to FB suck !! I find it nearly impossible to get sharp images when they are uploaded :( so we dont have to worry about that :)

in case anyone wants to upload pics from LR though this is an awesome tool http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/facebook

I use the one for smugmug and that one has a ton of features, plus if you use the mogrify plugin (not from the same source) you can setup rules to export your pics for here for example to max 1024 & 200k

Ilija Dukovski
01-27-2010, 11:05 PM
I think it is a good PR idea, one thing that I don't know about facebook
is what are the copyright rules there. When signing to facebook what is the
fineprint for posting images?

Chris Ober
01-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Sharing Your Content and Information You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy (http://www.facebook.com/privacy/) and application settings (http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php). In addition:

For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy (http://www.facebook.com/privacy/) and application settings (http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php): you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
When you add an application and use Platform, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy settings, but your agreement with that application will control how the application can use the content and information you share. (To learn more about Platform, read our About Platform (http://developers.facebook.com/about_platform.php) page.)
When you publish content or information using the "everyone" setting, it means that everyone, including people off of Facebook, will have access to that information and we may not have control over what they do with it.
We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).

I think it is a good PR idea, one thing that I don't know about facebook
is what are the copyright rules there. When signing to facebook what is the
fineprint for posting images?

Ilija Dukovski
01-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks Chris, the part "This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account"
I guess is a protection enough, although it is quite open-ended.

Blake Shadle
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Let's say you're hanging on on Facebook, and you're not on BPN. If Harold posts an interesting thread or the image of the week on Facebook (and you're a fan of BPN) it will automatically pop onto your Live Feed. You can click the link and check out the thread. It's actually pretty convenient.

Fabs Forns
01-29-2010, 01:44 PM
What does this mean, that they can use anything I post there?

For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.

arash_hazeghi
01-29-2010, 02:16 PM

For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.

Fabs,

Do not post any photo you wish to maintain copyright on FB, FB owns all material you post there.

Ilija Dukovski
01-29-2010, 02:26 PM

Fabs, it means exactly what it says, they have all the rights as stated until you remove it and everyone that you shared it with, also removes it. As long as the image is posted, they have the stated license. So if you share it with everyone, I think it can easily translate in certain circumstances in: giving the permission permanently. I used to post bird photos there for my friends but I stopped, I only post kids, family etc. now. I must admit it is not completely clear to me (and it never was) how these rules are or will be applied in practice.

I think it is OK as long as you post links only, as Blake said.

Fabs Forns
01-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks, Ilija,and Arash, I'll remove all the nature pics I have there!

Jay Gould
01-29-2010, 07:23 PM
As they say Down Under - Bloody **** (I hope this expression doesn't offend) - I have done everything I can to avoid becoming part of Facebook and Twitter and all of the other warm and fuzzy sharing sites until now.

As an ardent supporter of BPN and one who believes wholeheartedly that BPN has exeeded it mission to become the best teaching site I could not help myself - I am now a FAN of BPN on Facebook!!

Harold Davis
01-29-2010, 08:18 PM
you da man, jay!! just dont post anything you dont want people to steal. it's a great place to catch up with old friends.

thanks for the support!!!