PDA

View Full Version : Icelandic winter sky....................

Tom Dolezal
12-28-2009, 02:26 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_69I3740_B-Edit-Edit.jpg

Larger version here (http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_69I3740_B-Edit-Edit-2.jpg)

Another from the winter sky series.

Technical: Canon 1Ds MK 3, Canon 16-35 f/2.8 Mk 2, Focal length 32 mm, f/11, 1/350, 0 EV, ISO 400, AV mode

C&C always welcome.

Thank you for looking

Peter Farrell
12-29-2009, 09:33 AM
A very dramatic image! I like the blue sky behind and the sunlight breaking through the storm clouds.
I like the highlights on the FG rocks but wish they extended all the way to the LLC.
I would have to print this large and frame.
Peter

Tom Dolezal
12-29-2009, 10:09 AM
A very dramatic image! I like the blue sky behind and the sunlight breaking through the storm clouds.
I like the highlights on the FG rocks but wish they extended all the way to the LLC.
I would have to print this large and frame.
Peter

Appreciate your comments Peter - glad you like it - but am puzzled by LLC.

Tom

Dave Mills
12-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Hi Tom, Very dramatic sky which gives the image it's strength. I like the rays breaking through on the left along with the opening on the right. Foreground has detail which I noticed on the enlargement. Was wondering if anything was done to the rock with the breaking water on the lower left. It looks like some correction might have been made. Could be wrong...Overall well handled...

John Ippolito
12-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Powerful image with a very dramatic combination of sky and sea. I like the range of color and light. Very well done, Tom.

Robert Amoruso
12-29-2009, 01:37 PM
LLC = Lower Left Corner.

Tom, I am liking this better with the bottom cropped above the pool of water in the LLC. :)

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Very dramatic image and agree with robert on crop

Roman Kurywczak
12-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi Tom,
Sky is definitely the star here! I too think the bottom can benefit from a crop or try bringing out more detail if possible. nicely done overall.

Tom Dolezal
12-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Tom, Very dramatic sky which gives the image it's strength. I like the rays breaking through on the left along with the opening on the right. Foreground has detail which I noticed on the enlargement. Was wondering if anything was done to the rock with the breaking water on the lower left. It looks like some correction might have been made. Could be wrong...Overall well handled...

Appreciate your comments Dave - thank you. Nothing done different to that rock but that area of the image has a lot of spray from the seaward side of the rock and you are also looking through the spray that is hitting the shore rocks as well.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Powerful image with a very dramatic combination of sky and sea. I like the range of color and light. Very well done, Tom.

Thank you John - glad you like it.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
12-30-2009, 10:20 AM
LLC = Lower Left Corner.

Tom, I am liking this better with the bottom cropped above the pool of water in the LLC. :)

Cheers for you comments and suggestion Robert, your idea of the crop like this:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u314/erding/Landscape/_69I3740_B_BNP.jpg

Tom

ps thanks for the LLC explanation - its not used on UK photography forums hence why I was puzzled.

Tom Dolezal
12-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Very dramatic image and agree with robert on crop

Thank you Dennis - hope you like the edit.

Tom

Tom Dolezal
12-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Hi Tom,
Sky is definitely the star here! I too think the bottom can benefit from a crop or try bringing out more detail if possible. nicely done overall.

Cheers Roman for your comments - hope you like the edit. Went for the crop as I don't think much more detail can be brought out of the fg lava.

Tom

John Ippolito
12-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Tom, I like the repost with Robert's crop idea even better. Now when I look at the the OP my eye is drawn to the pool in LLC. Again, great dramatic sky.

Tom Dolezal
12-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Tom, I like the repost with Robert's crop idea even better. Now when I look at the the OP my eye is drawn to the pool in LLC. Again, great dramatic sky.

Appreciate you popping back and having another comment - many thanks.

Tom