PDA

View Full Version : Maria - My favourite image of 2009

Glenn Bartley
12-28-2009, 09:57 AM
It is actually impossible for me to pick just one favourite. So many birds in Ecuador...several memorable photo sessions in Ontario...a dreram experience with Marbled Murrelets...an incredible session with a Merlin....IT IS TOO HARD TO PICK ONE!!!

Rather than agonize over the decision I would rather reflect back with fond memories on this fine morning I spent with the Giant Antpitta in NW Ecuador way back in January :)

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a happy New Year!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/4979/giantantpitta01.jpg

Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D
Shutter speed: 1/15 sec
Aperture: 4
Exposure compensation: -1
Flash: Off
ISO: 400
Focal length: 300mm

Bill Dix
12-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Easy to see why it's one of your favorites. A new species for me, and a lovely one. Red colors stand out beautifully against the green BG, and I like the inclusion of the habitat/perch. Were it mine I might have considered removing or toning down the first light blob to the left of the bird. Well exposed and sharp, especially given the slow SS. A real beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Harshad Barve
12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
One beautiful species and image , Lovely colors , beautiful pose and nice habitat
TFS

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Glenn, a spectacular bird....and looks like one that is hard to shoot. No wonder this is your favourite shot. Loved the details, angle and the habitat.

Krijn Trimbos
12-29-2009, 09:41 AM
It looks like a great choice to me Glenn! Great perch, good colours, great sharpness for a 1/15th of a second and such a terrific bird. You did so well in Ecuador! Was so envious of your journeys there! Hope you have a great 2010 as well man!

See ya