Evaluative metering
Exposure Compensation
-1/3
ISO Speed
FL: 500mm

Camera Body: Canon 400D, Lens: Sigma 150-500

Lance Peters
12-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi - A big warm welcome to the BPN family - nice first post.
You have a good HA and eye contact, the inclusion of the little fellows meal is a big plus and lovely sharp details throughout.
The image looks a little under exposed to me, a little dark - might want to go into levels in P.S. and drag the right had slider in a little - generally with the exposure you are trying to push the histogram as far to the right as possible without overexposing anything. The histogram here also indicates your blacks are blocked - IE: The graph of the histogram has climbed up the left handside. Might be possible to rework the raw for some more detail there - add some exposure compensation to open up the blacks - just keep an eye on whats happening with the rest as well.

Love the action.
Looking forward to seeing more :)

Gus Cobos
12-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Hi Vinjamoor,
A big warm welcome to the BPN family...I like the composition, image and capture...it does look under exposed. You have a good head angle and sharp eye...agree with Mr. Peters on the techs. and sound advise...keep them coming...:cool: <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_412740", true); </SCRIPT>

Jeff Cashdollar
12-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Agree with solid advise above, great action picture of a fantastic species. Welcome and looking forward to many more from you.

vinjamoor.deepak
12-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Hello Lance,Gus and Jeff.

Thank you very much for your positive encouraging comments and suggestions to improve on this image. I think my monitor is uncalibrated for the brightness levels and hence I have the dark cast. Once again thank you very much for enjoying this picture.