PDA

View Full Version : Passionflower close up

Roman Kurywczak
02-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Taken at the San Francisco Botanical Gardens with the digital Rebel and the Sigma 180mm macro, 1.4 tele, and 20mm extension tube using the MT24 lights. Shot at f32 and 1/100th of a sec. handheld. As I mentioned to Robert in one of the other posts, I use this setup so that I can get in really close to a subject. It was impossible to use a tripod in this situation, but they are allowed on the grounds.
Comments welcomed and appreciated,
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

John Cooper
02-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Loads of colour here Roman and good use of DOF. I am thinking a horizontal format with stamens placed on the ROT would work for me.

Robert O'Toole
02-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi Roman,

Never seen this much color in a Passion Flower before, amazing. Great idea and the exposure looks good which with this kind of subject and the use of flash isnt always easy.

I do agree with John's suggestion, a Horz would be very good. Also the lower right corner has a dark wedge that can be easily fixed and would tighten the image up.

Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Jeroen Stel
02-19-2008, 04:18 AM
Hi Roman,

Lovely colours in this photograph!
I agree a horizontal crop might omprove this, or a square crop with enouh room on the left side for the stamens.

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

Mike Moats
02-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey Roman, these are wild and crazy flower. Looks like an alien, good details and color, I don't mind the vertical framing. Well done.