PDA

View Full Version : The Eagles are back at Viera!

Nancy A Elwood
12-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Well, Viera was open today and the activity was terrific!! But the best of all were the bald eagles.:D:D They were flying around all day, but in the morning one was on a close tree and so I had my 500 f/4 and the 1.7TC on just clicking away and then:eek: the female flew in, and I almost could not get all the action in. I then let the action die down a bit and was able to change to the 1.4, but this one was with the 1.7 and I am really pleased that I did not cut the males tail off! One eagle is always great, two well, made my day!!! You know the lens, attached to the Nikon D300, f/8, iso 640, 1/640. All C&C welcomed as normal.

http://www.naturesportal.net/Florida/Birds-of-Prey/Viera-WetlandsDSC2983091227/751037180_e6ty9-L.jpg

Dan Busby
12-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Very nice image of these photographic beasts. Nice composition with the position of the two birds. I personally find the "baby blue" BG on my monitor a bit at odds with the aggressive posture and persona of the birds but am not sure what could be done to improve that - maybe darkening the sky. Could the head of the lower bird be toned down to the level of the upper bird?

Arthur Morris
12-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Love the image design and the fact that both birds are on the same plane.

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Wow wow!

Lovely work Nancy! Love these eagles. The light, BG and pose are wonderful. I would only crop a tad on top and would add a tad on left.

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Sorry Nancy, I couldn't resist to work on this image. Definitively a ''wall hanger''

Applied ''S'' curve, beak clean up, added/cropped canvas.

paul leverington
12-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Juan you went a bit to far --the beaks are way over saturated now, and the browns don't look natural anymore. Maybe pull off some and you'll have it. The one thing I see here is to add some canvas to the bottom--even to the point of making it a vertical. As is I have little relativity if this is really a tall tree or a stump on the ground. There's no sense of place would be a way to say it. at that point the extra canvas to the left in the repost may not be that helpful. The other thing is I'm wondering why we don't see more detail in their white heads? The whites are far from being blown. Maybe try developing another version with adjustments to capture the details there---or use the Doug brown hdr method(when he gets to posting it. I had no luck with highlight recovery and I did notice your file was only 86 K? Is that correct?

Other than the critiques, I really think you have a spectacular BE shot here Nancy. Its great you have the two--both fixed on the same issue(whatever that might be)--and in separate striking poses. What joy to have these guys all day to shoot!!! One of the more wonderful BE shots out there Nancy!

Paul

niranjan sant
12-28-2009, 12:43 AM
what a handsome bird and you got two in frame. lil more space on the left would look better in my opinion.

RAM MALLYA
12-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Lovely pose of the raptors and the perch .

Nonnie Saran
12-28-2009, 01:02 AM
Nancy , Thats really a great shot !! TFS .

Two birds instead of one , with the light also on your side , both independently having great poses , looking at the same direction . You had it all going for you . That also within a stone throw . You couldn't have wished for better .

Nancy A Elwood
12-28-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks all! Juan I did a couple of your suggestions, but also added a bit to the bottom.

http://cdn-2-service.phanfare.com/images/external/5002860_3276182_89677225_Web_2/0_0_1743d9254ae1bdcff2ecbd44ec99fa1d_1

Peter Farrell
12-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Superb mage. I am thrilled when I can capture an image of just one eagle. But here you have two in distincley different poses.