PDA

View Full Version : Brown Bear, Lake Clark National Park

Jim Coda
12-27-2009, 11:52 AM
This photo was taken last July. It had been raining non-stop for over a week. 1Ds3, 500mm f4, ISO 500, 1/250s at f5.6. Cropped and broken tip of limb removed.

C and C welcomed.

Jim Coda
www.jimcoda.com

Jim Coda
12-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Correction. The reference to broken limb tip being removed was in reference to another photo I haven't uploaded yet. Sorry.

Jim Coda
www.jimcoda.com

Steve Kaluski
12-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi Jim, interesting shot set in the rain :D

The rain and expression of the bear is good and you can't help but feel sorry for him. However, I feel that it's a tad over saturated based on the grass, if it's all toned down a little IMHO you would have a good shot. BTW, any portrait?

Cheers
Steve ;)

Marc Mol
12-27-2009, 03:48 PM
As Steve has mentioned, the rain and the look of disdain on the bear, make for a finne image here Jim.
Apart from sat greens, have you thought to add some USM to just the rain itself to further enhance this lovely image.
TFS

Harshad Barve
12-28-2009, 01:34 AM
beautiful image and very expressive face , Nice advise above
TFS

David Fletcher
12-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Fine shot and expression Jim. Like the suggestions above. (Marc made a very good point re usm on the rain as it add imv). Nicely done.

Jim Coda
12-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the comments regarding saturation and sharpening the rain drops. As to the latter, how do you do it?

Jim Coda
www.jimcoda.com

peter delaney
12-28-2009, 12:33 PM
lovely expression on bears face.... rain adds to overall feel...

I have to say the greens seem fine to me I quite like the different shades ..
with regard the usm on rain be very interest how one does it, and if it may end up over powering image ,, i quite like the subtle rain as is...
only thing that did grab my attention was that one stalk of grass on left of bear .. annoying but could be removed if you wanted too..

lovely image
peter

Sabyasachi Patra
12-29-2009, 03:05 AM
Jim,
Nice environmental image. The rain drops add a lot to the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi