PDA

View Full Version : Something from the past...

Steve Kaluski
12-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Probably as close to a dinosaur I will ever see.:D

These amazing creatures that inhabit certain islands in the Galápagos region are truly from the pre-historic time in my opinion. Huddling in various sized groups they have a very unsavory habit. They eliminate excess salt by spitting it out in brine through their nostrils, as their diet results in large amounts of salt intake, living almost entirely on red and green algae. Clustered on the black larva rock you have to be very carful where you walk, as treading on one or more could be easily done, invertedly!

Taken late afternoon with a backdrop of others, this guy I thought had truck loads of 'attitude' - saying 'Bring it on... come on':D

Steve
MKIII 300f/2.8 plus 1.4x f/22 1/40 ISO640 (Ruck sack as support)

Harshad Barve
12-27-2009, 10:38 AM
OMG , what a creature
Lovely pose and nice HA here , wish for uncut claws, You have handled light very well here
I may crop bit tight to avoid cut claws effect
TFS

Steve Kaluski
12-27-2009, 10:55 AM
I may crop bit tight to avoid cut claws effect

Ahh, question, would I make the same observation if someone else posted it? Probably:)

To be honest Harshad, the cut claws don't really bother me as its the pose & expression I was after, but, with hind sight the cut claws should have not happened.;)

Steve

Steve Kaluski
12-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Not quite with the same attitude I guess.

Steve;)

Marc Mol
12-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Very nice color, detail and exposure on this Iguana with attitude Steve.
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
12-29-2009, 03:12 AM
I agree that this can be the closest to dinosaur that we can see. I like the low angle here. The pose is nice. My eyes first goes to its face. So the claws is not a major distraction. Thanks for the information about its habits.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Joe Brown
01-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Great shot, thanks for posting. You could extend the bottom of the first image if you wanted by cloning parts from the second.

Joe