http://i.imagehost.org/0743/19_2.jpg
Morning.before sunrise
Shooting data: D300-Nikon 18-105@70mm-F/9-Iso200-1/125Sec
Hi all
Thanks for the comments and looking.

Asad

Peter Farrell
12-27-2009, 09:41 AM
I really like the stillwater reflection. To my (inexperieced) eye the colors are very natural.
I think I would like to see more of the cliffs to the left and less of the grass on the right. (if possible)

Dave Mills
12-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Hi Asad, You have a good comp with pleasing soft light.I felt there was a bit too much blank water in the foreground so I cropped some from the bottom. I also felt the sky was not very interesting and should be minimalised. The only way to do that was take some off the right so I could lower the sky. It basically turned into a pano which I feel works with this type of image. Another way of looking at it...

Roman Kurywczak
12-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Hi Asad,
I agree with Dave's crop recommendation as it balances the image a bit better and the grass reflection isn't as important as the rest of the hill scene. Nicely done.

Robert Amoruso
12-29-2009, 02:15 PM
I agree too, Dave's recrop strengthens the image and moves the view to the rocks with have good detail and with the three individual outcroppings, uses layering to impart depth in the image.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Very nice composition and agree with the crop.

Lance Warley
12-30-2009, 05:26 PM
I love this shot. The mirror image is very, very powerful, very striking.

Wish this was one of mine.

A_Maddah
01-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi Dave
I agree with you.your crop are better.
Thanks of all my friends that comment for this post.

Asad

Mark Theriot
01-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Beautiful country - a really nice shot!

I agree with cropping a little from the left as Dave did. I personally struggle with sky vs the water though (In my own photography as well) - do you leave more sky or water (or fields, etc)?

In your image, what if you cropped from the right as done - but cropped out some of the sky which would move the horizon line more into the upper half of the frame??

I'm new to landscape photography and still learning how to balance these elements - so take my opinion with a "grain of salt"!!

Mark

Hi Asad, You have a good comp with pleasing soft light.I felt there was a bit too much blank water in the foreground so I cropped some from the bottom. I also felt the sky was not very interesting and should be minimalised. The only way to do that was take some off the right so I could lower the sky. It basically turned into a pano which I feel works with this type of image. Another way of looking at it...