PDA

View Full Version : The Surviving Morrises

Arthur Morris
12-26-2009, 07:50 PM
That's me on the left, skinnier (at 172 pounds) than I have been since I was 12 (and wearing my favorite shirt). Then my 87 year old Mom, Hazel, recovering from major hip replacement replacement surgery. Then my older sister Ilene. She's a Weinstein now. And then my sweet younger sister Arna Lee. The image was taken at a family holiday party by somebody using Arna's camera. My Mom lost my baby sister Carla soon after her birth in the early 1940s and my war hero Dad, PFC Robert E. Morris died in September 2001. So you are looking at the end of the Morris line. Lots of grandkids (4 for me) and nieces and nephews just no more Morrises :)

Pix of the kiddies coming soon.

Bill Jobes
12-26-2009, 08:07 PM
What a beautiful family portrait, Artie!

Gus Cobos
12-26-2009, 08:08 PM
This is a beautiful family portrait Mr. Morris...You have a lovely family...God bless them...Merry Christmas and a Wonderful Happy New Year...:):cool:

Susan Liddle
12-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Lovely smiles. :) Best wishes for a very Happy New Year to all.
Artie, your t-shirt is hilarious!! :D

Jackie Schuknecht
12-26-2009, 08:47 PM
You'll just have to get married again Artie, and produce some heirs:) All kidding aside, a wonderful shot, and seems like you are a very close family.

denise ippolito
12-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Artie, Very nice family portrait. You all look very happy.:)

Arthur Morris
12-26-2009, 09:11 PM
You'll just have to get married again Artie, and produce some heirs:) All kidding aside, a wonderful shot, and seems like you are a very close family.

At 63 and having had the v-proceedure about 30 years ago the chances of that are slim :). Like me.

Arthur Morris
12-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Artie, Very nice family portrait. You all look very happy.:)

Of the four of us two are very happy. No comment on the other two :) Honest but gentle... You gotta love dysfunctional families!

Ed Cordes
12-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Of the four of us two are very happy. No comment on the other two :) Honest but gentle... You gotta love dysfunctional families!

Artie, all families have some degree of dysfunctionality. Cherish your time together. Celebrate the good times and ignore the challenging interactions. Family, after all, is family. When all is said and done, the good times far outweigh the not so good and will be in your memory forever. Thanks for sharing this wonderful family portrait.

Ilija Dukovski
12-26-2009, 11:53 PM
:):):):)

Harshad Barve
12-27-2009, 12:04 AM
This is a beautiful family photo Guruji ,You have a lovely family,God bless them
TFS

A_Maddah
12-27-2009, 02:16 AM
Hi Arthur
nice image and lovely.God bless them.Im happy of see this image.your family are glad.
and you Arthor!!!
your face are PROPER for play in hollywood cinema
for EXAMPLE.Robinson Crusoe film or historic films :):)
God bless to you and your family.

Asad

Arthur Morris
12-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Artie, all families have some degree of dysfunctionality. Cherish your time together. Celebrate the good times and ignore the challenging interactions. Family, after all, is family. When all is said and done, the good times far outweigh the not so good and will be in your memory forever. Thanks for sharing this wonderful family portrait.

Understood. As a lover of what is (www.thework.com (http://www.thework.com)) I do embrace the dysfunctionality while realizing that unhappiness and bitterness are choices. And the memories are what they are, some good, some not so great, all to be cherished as every breath is cherished.

Enjoy.

Julie Kenward
12-27-2009, 07:37 AM
...I do embrace the dysfunctionality while realizing that unhappiness and bitterness are choices.

That they are, Mr. Morris. It took both therapy AND a personal relationship with God before I figured that one out but it was life changing when I finally did. ;) You have a beautiful family, Artie and congrats on the new weight class! That's my next project for 2010. :(

Arthur Morris
12-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Good luck. The weight loss is a snap if you want to do. Reduce carbs to say 50 grams per day. In the form of good veggies and a salad or two. No wheat, bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, prepared foods, soda, drinks with sugar, all sugars, cakes, candies, ice cream and probably a ton more. Lots of quality protein. Just as happiness is a choice so is choosing life. And fats are not a problem if you opt to cut out the carbs that are killing most folks. Call it the caveman diet is you wish. There was no cancer, heart disease, or diabetes then. As for change, change is hard if you believe it is. If not, you can start with your next meal just by doing it.

If anyone is interested in hearing more you are invited as always to e-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net and request the Health Basics File.

If you think that the preaching above does not belong on BPN that is your choice :) I look at it this way: if I can help just one person how wonderful would that be?

Julie Kenward
12-27-2009, 08:40 AM
The weight loss is a snap if you want to do.

Spoken like a true man... :D It seems to be a much harder battle for women but I think I'm finally ready to give it a real go...as soon as I polish off the leftover Christmas cookies. :);):)

Bill Jobes
12-27-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't think it's 'preaching' Artie, it's the generous sharing in the ideal forum of good advice on life, family, and living. :)

Arthur Morris
12-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Spoken like a true man... :D It seems to be a much harder battle for women but I think I'm finally ready to give it a real go...as soon as I polish off the leftover Christmas cookies. :);):)

Pardon my French but that is pure and total BS. It is a much harder battle for those who cannot let go of their own stories. Again, I refer you to www.thework.com :) Your choice.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
12-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Artie - wonderful to finally put a names to he faces that I heard so much about whilst with you on Long Island last August!
BTW, one of my sons has that T-shirt!!!
Best regards,
Nicki

Dave Mills
12-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Art, Great T shirt and nice family photo. Also best wishes to you and your family this holiday season.

arash_hazeghi
12-28-2009, 06:30 AM
Looking very good after hand holding all of these heavy lenses! Love this Tshirt lol, where did you get it from?

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Thx for sharing Artie.

Roman Kurywczak
12-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Very nice to see the entire clan! Nothing better than sharing time with the family!!!

Juan Carlos Vindas
12-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Good luck. The weight loss is a snap if you want to do. Reduce carbs to say 50 grams per day. In the form of good veggies and a salad or two. No wheat, bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, prepared foods, soda, drinks with sugar, all sugars, cakes, candies, ice cream and probably a ton more. Lots of quality protein. Just as happiness is a choice so is choosing life. And fats are not a problem if you opt to cut out the carbs that are killing most folks. Call it the caveman diet is you wish. There was no cancer, heart disease, or diabetes then. As for change, change is hard if you believe it is. If not, you can start with your next meal just by doing it.

If anyone is interested in hearing more you are invited as always to e-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net and request the Health Basics File.

If you think that the preaching above does not belong on BPN that is your choice :) I look at it this way: if I can help just one person how wonderful would that be?
Man that sounds like a real diet!
But I'm sure it is the only way to go when one wants to loose weight. Thanks so much for the advise. :p

Arthur Morris
12-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey JC, For me it is not a diet. It is a way of living. :) PS: Was 169 1/4 this morning.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Awesome to see you all together and my wishes for a speedy recovery to your Mom.. My mom had hip replacement too and it made all the difference. A Happy , Healthy , New Year to the Morris family.

Jay Gould
01-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi Mate, I am just catching up on hundreds of emails and posts. Thanks for sharing such a lovely family and sharing YOU. Cheers,