PDA

View Full Version : Viveza2 problems any one ?

Mike Tracy
12-26-2009, 12:17 PM
I installed this program yesterday and it seemed to work fine initially but I had limited use with it as I had to go out of town for a day. This morning I tried to use it and CS3 just keeps giving me that not responding error. I deleted my temp files, ran my registry cleaner but that didn't rectify the problem. I then un installed Viveza but Photoshop still wouldn't work. Reinstalled Viveza but still in the same boat woth out my Photoshop or Viveza working.

Nik software is closed until Monday so thats why I am looking for some helpful advice until then.

Thanks.

Axel Hildebrandt
12-26-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not using PCs and don't have these problems. Have you tried to press the keys that reset PS to default settings before starting the program?

On second thought, if I remember correctly, Windows has the option to go back to a pre-install control point. Maybe this would take care of the problem.

Mike Tracy
12-26-2009, 06:52 PM
[quote=Axel Hildebrandt;411680]I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not using PCs and don't have these problems. Have you tried to press the keys that reset PS to default settings before starting the program?

On second thought, if I remember correctly, Windows has the option to go back to a pre-install control point. Maybe this would take care of the problem.[/quote

I tried a system restore back to a previous point. It did no good.

Thanks for the reply.

Our neighbor oversees the Apple stores in the area. Maybe I should have paid her a visit last year like she always tells me before I bought this PC :(.

Julie Kenward
12-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Mike, I'm using a PC with Windows XP and it's working just fine with the new download. I've tried it out on several images tonight and no problems so far...

Axel Hildebrandt
12-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Mike, have you tried this?

How to reset Photoshop preferences (In Windows):

First, hold down all three Ctrl+Alt+Shift buttons
Now "while keeping those button held," simply open Photoshop or a file that opens with Photoshop
As Photoshop loads, you should get a prompt asking if you would like to "delete the Photoshop settings file", Click yes

You should now have a fresh slate with all of the settings returned to their default.
Note: I have found that this process is kind of finicky and doesn't always work. I have had the best results pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift and clicking the photoshop shortcut from the start menu in Windows.

Mike Tracy
12-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Mike, have you tried this?

How to reset Photoshop preferences (In Windows):

First, hold down all three Ctrl+Alt+Shift buttons
Now "while keeping those button held," simply open Photoshop or a file that opens with Photoshop
As Photoshop loads, you should get a prompt asking if you would like to "delete the Photoshop settings file", Click yes

You should now have a fresh slate with all of the settings returned to their default.
Note: I have found that this process is kind of finicky and doesn't always work. I have had the best results pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift and clicking the photoshop shortcut from the start menu in Windows.

Tried that and for a moment and got my hopes up. It opened with my selected image I tried a quick crop and then hit levels which it applied................then it stopped working again.

I never ever use ACR but opened a raw file and it worked as should. As soon as I tried to edit in PS same song and dance.

Was hoping to be learning / playing with Viveza this weekend instead of cussing like a sailor at it. Oh well.

I have the download for CS3 in my downloads folder. I was thinking of uninstalling it and reinstalling it but I am apprehensive to do so. We had extensive flood damage in the spring and the little storage bins contents where I kept my product key number was flooded as well.

I really appreciate your efforts.

William Malacarne
12-26-2009, 10:27 PM
If you registered it with Adobe they will have the key listed in your account under Products Registered. You have to log in to get there.

Bill

Axel Hildebrandt
12-26-2009, 10:28 PM
It sounds as if PS doesn't work as intended. I would reinstall it and if the license key is a problem, I guess you could call Adobe. I'm sure they can help you retrieving it.

Mike Tracy
12-26-2009, 10:34 PM
If you registered it with Adobe they will have the key listed in your account under Products Registered. You have to log in to get there.

Bill

Will try that tomorrow. A fresh start after walking away from this for the night might do wonders.

Dan Brown
12-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Mike, you might try downloading the latest version of ACR, and install it in the appropriate folder. I had this sort of problem after installing an add-on to PS a while back and this cleared it up. You say that ACR works but maybe not completely? It's worth a try!