PDA

View Full Version : Caspian Tern

Kerry Perkins
12-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Captured at the Salton Sea. A somewhat different look with the tail flare. Converted in LR2 then PS CS4 for sharpening and final tweaks.

50D, EF400mm f/5.6L
Manual mode, f/5.6@1/3200 ISO 200 WB 5100K
AI Servo autofocus, hh no flash

Thank you for your comments!

Lance Peters
12-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Hi Kerry - Awesome - like this a lot !!! Tack sharp - great HA, eye contact and wingspread. composition works well for me.
Only thing I might do is to desaturate the sky just a tad.
Big congrats :)

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
12-26-2009, 05:32 AM
Love the sharpness, the wing and tail span, the flight pose and the composition. Light seem harsh but you did well to protect the white, black seem lost on the wing tip. A different light angle and this would be perfect.

Nonda Surratt
12-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Nice Kerry! Agree on the sky. Black wing tip doesn't bother me, did a great job in the light you had.

Bob Decker
12-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Nice use of "thirds" in the composition plus the diaganol position of the bird sets-up a nice dynamic. Light looks a little harsh but that's what we're dealt often times. The eye looks a little soft on this monitor, maybe a touch of selective sharpening would help? I very much like this image.

Gus Cobos
12-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Well done Kerry,
I like the flight angle captured. You have good details and a sharp eye with a spot on head angle, You are missing some details on the wing tip, but its not bad, can try to recover in post processing...good show, keep them coming...:cool:

Jeff Cashdollar
12-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Nice one Kerry, right lens for the job!

Agree with comments above above, wish for softer light, where are the clouds when you need them. Love the low ISO and high shutter well done.