Harshad Barve
12-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Dear all
Made this with D300 , 600mm, ISO 200 , f5.3 , 1/200
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Steve Kaluski
12-26-2009, 03:31 AM
A good opening shot Harshad. Great detail and good use of DOF.

Glad to see I am not alone with the 'frustrating' blade of grass:D

I was just thinking that in the future, could you please add things like time of day, shot from jeep or elephant, where shot etc. I personally do find it of interest Harshad and I think it helps the reader put things into context. Plus, for those who have not had the 'Tiger' experience too, as it might so the seed to visit this wonderful location and vibrant culture.;)

All the best.
Steve

Harshad Barve
12-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Hey Steve , will surely add those
Took in hot afternoon of april 2009 , from Gypsy ( Jeep) whose both rear seats were removed and beanbag was used. Beanbag was rested on rear side just above the rear tyre in Bandhavgarh NP

Hope this helps , Let me know any thing more you want to know:)

Steve Kaluski
12-26-2009, 05:36 AM
Thanks Harshad.

If you look at an image and think, 'the light is harsh, or looks a bit dark, or too light' etc, then knowing the time of day will/may put a different slant on the feedback/comment. Beanbag, tripod, handheld may also help new participants, only that they maybe struggle with their kit and knowing the support used might benefit them, IMHO?

Location, well for me, it is always good to see other parts of the world and may, again, spark a thought for travel.

This could be an old man rambling perhaps, (but who has not hit the sherry, yet!:D), however I am a firm beliver in helping others (where I can), as I have benefited. I think?:confused:

Steve

Harshad Barve
12-26-2009, 05:59 AM
This could be an old man rambling perhaps, (but who has not hit the sherry, yet!:D), however I am a firm beliver in helping others (where I can), as I have benefited. I think?:confused:

Steve

I always found helping hand in you my friend :)

Robert Amoruso
12-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Harshad,

Well composed portrait of this beautiful animal. You made it tight but left room for the virtual paws in front. Sharp on the face with enough DOF to have ears to nose sharpness.

Steve's suggestion on the additional information is a good one as would be location.

Gus Cobos
12-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Harshadbahi,
This is a beautiful portrait. I like the capture angle and close up view. The color rendition is good and the details are nice and sharp...well done Sir...I'm looking forward to meeting this majestic cat when I go...:cool:

Danny J Brown
12-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Wonderful close-up of an extraordinary animal, HB.

David Fletcher
12-26-2009, 01:30 PM
Love your Tiger shots Harshadbhai. They are a privilege. Thank you.

Kiran Khanzode
12-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Nice clarity in the eye. I am not a big fan of the harsh bg and the 2 blades of grass (but at least they are pointed in the same direction). The right eye could use some brightening, since the lighting is even, it won't look odd (if you do it in PP).

:)

A_Maddah
12-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi Harshad
Wonderful close-up.I realy like this image.his majestic.

Asad

Alfred Forns
12-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Hi Harshad Fine looking tiger, love the sweet innocent look !!

Great idea on the extra info Steve !!!

Danny Laredo
12-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Fantastic portrait. Very powerful.

arash_hazeghi
12-28-2009, 11:37 PM
A classical portrait Harshad, nicely done.