Morning light - overcast day
ISO=400
f/4.0
1/500
AV @ -1/3
Al Ser/AF/Eval
Perched on fence at local State Park.

LRII & CS4
Cloning on BG, plus selective NR and sharpening.

Lance Peters
12-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Hi jeff - love it - sharp as a tack, exposure is spot on, Great BG that really makes the subject POP.
Real 3D look to it.
Good show :)

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
12-26-2009, 05:59 AM
Very handsome bird you got here, did well with the exposure, sharp with good feather details especially on the black feather, you also get both feet and the tail visible, background look nice too. Might be worth a try on toning down white on the neck a bit and see what happen.

Nonda Surratt
12-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Super detail and bg Jeff, would try and tone down the white at the throat.

Bob Decker
12-26-2009, 08:17 AM
Details look great, nice and sharp, good color, but the composition is a bit too centered for my taste. Of course the only way to bring the bird into "thirds" or the "golden section" would be to include a bit more at the top and/or bottom. Your choice of a "widescreen" presentation is interesting and may be a good idea as we're all becoming more familar and comfortable with that kind of format via HD TV and the movies. Also, one full stop down in aperature might've put the entire bird in sharp focus. That may of may not have been an improvement... matter of taste and preferences.

Nice shot. I enjoyed it.

Gus Cobos
12-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Mr. Cashdollar,
You did very well, I like the sharp details, good color rendition with the spot on head angle and sharp eye...the background makes your little guy pop out...good show...:cool:

Kerry Perkins
12-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi Jeff. Handsome bird and very nicely captured! Colors, detail, BG, sharpness - all very good. You are doing really well with the new gear!! :D