PDA

View Full Version : Red Avadavat

Nonnie Saran
12-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Merry Christmas to all .

Posting an image of the Red Avadavat . its my first image posted on the forum .

I here to learn and improve on my photography .

Equipment used - Canon 50D , 600 f4 IS + 1.4x TC

Doug Brown
12-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Welcome to BPN Nonnie! I'm not seeing an image.

Joe Brown
12-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Very impressive looking bird. Great colour and detail. Very nice background bokeh. I find it a little tight and would provide more space at the bottom and right showing more perch detail. Also, would like to see more detail in the shadows and the image a little brighter. Here's my take on it. I also did a little sharpening and upped the contrast.

http://www.joebrownphotography.net/redbird.jpg

Joe

Dave Blinder
12-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi Nonnie, great HA and detail. Looks like a tough bird to expose. I would probably clone out most of the out of focus branches and clean up the main one.

Harshad Barve
12-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Nonnie
Big welcome to BPN and nice image to start with ,
lovely pose , BG and HA , Perch is not ideal but I can live with
TFS

Juan Aragonés
12-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi and wellcome on board Nonnie. I am familiar with this beautiful species because we have populations of this species in several parts of Spain and I have never been able to get a decent shot of them but I keep on trying ;)
The light in your photograph is a bit intense and that affect to the dynamic range of the image. BG is nice and helps to isolate the bird. Neat eye contact. The bird is a bit centered in the frame and I think that more room at the right, and perhaps at the bottom, would improve the result.
Keep them coming and do let us know what do you think about the images of other BPN members :)