PDA

View Full Version : Flea Bag

Mike Tracy
02-18-2008, 01:31 PM
I love bears which is one of the reasons we bought a place in MT. This though was taken in Lk. Clark N.P., AK. I don't know how successful I was but I cloned out a small stream that was in the background that was bright white and intersected his body.

MKIII, EF 500 @1.4x, 1/800, F9, ISO 800, AV mode

DanWalters
02-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Nice behaviour shot. I also like the low angle and the clean background. Does look a little soft.

Ed Cordes
02-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Cute pose. Cloning job looks good to my eye. Is it really soft or is it the plasticized effect some MK3 bodies have? In looking at the image the right ear has more detail than most of the bear. On the other hand the FG grass, well in front of the bear is in focus. I could be a large crop effect?

Vincent Grafhorst
02-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Lovely pose. I agree with the soft look of the bear. The grass just in front of the bear looks sharp though.

Phil Colla
02-19-2008, 12:17 PM
This is a great pose and composition. Somethings looks awry, I'm sorry I can't put my finger on it but it sort of appears that the detail is smeared or lost in some fashion. Is this a small crop of a much larger image -- that might do it. Or heavy post processing could do it as well. This is a killer image and worth working on to make it optimal!

Mike Tracy
02-19-2008, 04:21 PM
It is a rather large crop. I was not able to approach any closer per federal regulations. I would be thrilled to email a larger file to any one who thinks they can resurrect it. My computer editing skills do at times leave something to be desired.

Thanks for the kind words and observations.

Phil Colla
02-19-2008, 04:49 PM
I know how that is, one can only approach to a certain point and that's it. I bet this image is strong full frame. That green grass around the bears at Lake Clark is really appealing and it would make a nice environmental portrait too.

Georgina Salup
02-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Cute subject! what a pity the face is a little soft...