PDA

View Full Version : One terrible news

Harshad Barve
12-24-2009, 07:27 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/6864072/Chinas-last-tiger-is-eaten.html

How some one can do this
Harshad

denise ippolito
12-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Harshad, That is terrible. I know how upset this has made you.:(

I do love your handsome new avatar!

Mike Fuhr
12-24-2009, 08:26 AM
That's a sad story. It's very unfortunate that there are so many species hanging in the balance just like the tiger. And we as humans always seem to wait until it's too late to do something about it...

David Fletcher
12-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Sorry to hear that. Borders on disastrous.

Marina Scarr
12-24-2009, 09:33 AM
It's a very sad story, but good to see that appropriate action was taken against the men and that they didn't simply just receive slaps on their hands.

Alfred Forns
12-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear, no words to express my sadness. Glad they were able to punish the individual but is no consolation.

Gerri Levine
12-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Extremely distressing news.

Steve Kaluski
12-24-2009, 11:05 AM
When will we learn, that killing or poaching animals like this, (and others) that this MUST STOP! When these animals die out for man's greed, what will they turn to next?

Thank you for highlighting this tragic story Harshad, however, it is in our hands to change the perception and man's need.

Apologies for my rant, ironical after my posting of today!

Steve

Fabs Forns
12-24-2009, 11:38 AM
I am afraid to read it :(

Axel Hildebrandt
12-24-2009, 12:22 PM
This is just irritating!

Dave Blinder
12-24-2009, 05:49 PM
TFS Harshad, extreme tragedy.

Unfortunately, with no human population controls in effect, new construction being done, and forests being destroyed it's more than likely we'll see the extinction of many animals this decade. We are the most destructive animals this planet ever has ever and will ever see.

Gus Cobos
12-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Harshadbhai,
This is so sad...I'm sorry to hear this...They should sentence the guy to 20 years and a substantial fine. I wonder how this individual would feel if the shoes was on the other foot, if the tiger just decided that he was going to hunt and eat him, just for the sport of it...:D:cool:

Harshad Barve
12-24-2009, 10:23 PM
They are classified into five subspecies—Bengal, Chinese, Indochinese, Siberian (Amur), and Sumatran. Three subspecies—Bali, Caspian, and Javan—are believed to have become extinct since the 1940's

We are loosing battle on all grounds. Grid of tiger body parts in some part of world has made this more difficult. Conservation programs and people like us who loves this striped beauty like nothing holding it back from extintion in India. RBT already extinted from Pakistan.

We need to learn to share our planet

Christopher C.M. Cooke
12-25-2009, 04:24 AM
With the influx of Chinese migrants (both legal and illegal) to Australia means we have one of the largest supply of illegal animal parts anywhere in the world but our Government afraid to be labeled as "racist" does nothing about it (Chinese money may also have something to do with it)

As recently suggested, deportation back to China and punishment over there would be the only just and fitting punishment for these criminals "but it won't happen"

Ken Watkins
12-25-2009, 04:32 AM
The Chinese certainly do no favours for themselves do they, but lets face it all countries have some guilt for the extinction of wildlife.
Not that I am excusing this disastrous action, totally unbeleivable!

Christopher C.M. Cooke
12-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Ken I am personally involved with the authorities on the matter of illegal import and export (reptiles) and we ruthlessly hunt down the Japs, Indonesians, Phillipinos, Malaysians going as far to have the federal Police run "Sting" operations alongside the local Police in these countries but NEVER China.

Thanks to their love of our Minerals, Gas and our receptive audience for their disgusting imports they are the untouchables.

Not to mention who runs the drug trade here, (Oh how we miss the benign Mafia:p)

Julie Kenward
12-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Well that just breaks my heart...:(

Ed Cordes
12-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Mankind seems to think everything else in the world belongs to us and we can treat it however we want. It seems to be a genetic flaw. I always hope that with our nature photography we photographers can teach the public how special the other species really are. If we can instill just a modicum of respect for other forms of life we will have been successful.

Cheryl Slechta
12-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Harshad, this is so tragic. Will we ever learn from our mistakes? Life is so fragile, we must all do our parts to
share stories like this.