PDA

View Full Version : Tufted Titmouse

LaurieBraman
02-18-2008, 11:42 AM
This photo was taken in my backyard using a Canon EOS 40D, Shutter 1/180, Aperature f8.0, 300mm, ISO 800, using a Canon EF 75-300 mm f4-5.6 lens.

Alfred Forns
02-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi Laurie Big Welcome !!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see your first bird here !!!! Got him in a good pose with a clean bg an well exposed Can make a couple of suggestions Firs I think the perch is a bit much and is dominating If you photograph in your backyard set up perches yourself They will land there !!!

Also the eye is not very sharp Could be from slight camera shake If you used the zoom at max (300) with your camera the effective focal length was 480 Your shutter speed was 180 Would have used the lens wide open to have more shutter speed

Composition wise would have liked for a tighter image Imagine this is full frame (will crop and re post) Always good to have more room in front and less behind Not a good idea to have bird in the center

Looking forward to seeing more !!!

Alfred Forns
02-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Here is my version

Did a crop and evicted part of the frame A slight levels adjustment Tiny curves adjustment then sharpening !!! Good capture I like it !!!

LaurieBraman
02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Alfred:

Thanks for the observations as well as the example of how you were seeing this photo. I agree that the tighter crop is much better.

Laurie