PDA

View Full Version : Wind, Snow and Gentoo

rmoragaz
12-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi again..another image from my trip to Antarctica.

I like a lot this image because it show what for me is the real world in the white continent.
Extremely windy, lots of snow and four beautiful Gentoo heading to there colony in Half Moon.
Comments and critiques are welcome!!!

I hope you enjoy !!

Canon 7D
Canon 70-200 F4 IS
ISO 400, F8, 1/800

Rodrigo Moraga

Kiran Poonacha
12-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Sure a frame for the season's mood, loved the comp, nice sym of the birds and great feel to this... waiting for more.

Kim Rollins
12-23-2009, 10:39 AM
I think you have showed real world conditions and the birds well here. Shooting when the snow is like that is difficult.

Thanks for sharing the image.

Ramon M. Casares
12-23-2009, 10:40 AM
No critique here IMO, great mood, great comp, natural moment, specie, and exposure, in a perfect world the last Penguin would've given you a better head angle but IMO it is a minor detail. Congratulatons!

Phil Ertel
12-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi Moragaz, I find this image very enjoyable. The composition is pleasing with the birds presented nicely lined up. The falling snow and colors gives us a feel of the environment. You can almost feel the cold. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more of your Antarctica.

Harshad Barve
12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
One beautiful image and I am loving this as posted
TFS

denise ippolito
12-23-2009, 11:34 AM
I love this. The line-up and the snow are great. Congratulations.

Daniel Cadieux
12-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I love the mood here, and the walking gentoos lined up is quite amusing (in a good way!!). I only wish the second bird had less OOF snow covering it, but all in all great stuff!!:)

Ofer Levy
12-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Fantastic image with a great story!

Steve Maxson
12-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Love the comp and the falling snow. If you are going for a realistic look, I would suggest backing off on the red saturation. :)

paul leverington
12-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Lot's of feeling and character to this one. Very sweet! The red sat comment above is right on, but I would like to add that if and when you did a contrast boost,( I'm assuming here), it was then that those reds went over the top. To me, the contrast in the bg is not real looking--the darker grey is a little too dark, and the black on the birds is a bit too much. The shot looses some of that pastel-soft-winter look in other words. This happens a lot to winter images as a more punchy picture is desired by the artist-but it can loose the very power that makes it great. But again I assume-if that I am off base disregard my comment please.

I love the shot and agree with others on the good points of it.

Paul

rmoragaz
12-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Steve and Paul...I didnīt boost the saturation..maybe in this case Paul is right, because I did play a littlebit with levels to get more contrast. Thanks for your critiques..they are very helpfull to learn. ;)

Rodrigo