PDA

View Full Version : first post in this forum. Paris

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-22-2009, 12:06 PM
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3147468-md.jpg

My first post in this forum. I have many photos from Paris...but thought this would be a good first post :-)

shot with simple P&S. canon A95.

Thanks for looking.

KD

Alfred Forns
12-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Big Welcome KD !!! ... that is one interesting pose and love the tower in the bg !!! Like it so much that I might be tempted to do away with the lamp post !!! .. you have a clue as to the statue?

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Al, its "Riviere" by Aristide Maillol in Jardin des Tuileries.

Alfred Forns
12-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks !!! ... didn't recognize the angle :)

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Al, I am not much into sculptures, paintings etc. So at the time I took this picture( Jan 05), I did not know what statue it was( On that trip, I did start out reading every plaque and info but gave up as it was too overwhelming for me)...Later on did some googling to find out that this is a famous sculpture. And was also surpsied that I did not find a shot like this with Eiffel tower in the BG on the web easilly. People who know the sculpture are probably too focussed shooting it from the front.

Gus Cobos
12-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi Kaustubh,
A big warm welcome to the Travel forum...:) I like the unusual perspective and capture angle...:D I have never been to Paris, but some time in the near future I plan on visiting...thanks for sharing your travels and wonderful experiences...looking forward to more...Welcome...:cool:

Harshad Barve
12-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Big welcome here KD and thanks for sharing

Danny J Brown
12-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey KD - This forum and Friends and Family are my favorites. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your travel shots.