PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy Shelduck

Harshad Barve
12-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Dear all
Made this with D700 , 600mm, ISO 400, 1/2500, F 5.6 , tripod , cropped 70% of FF
All C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Kim Rollins
12-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Harshad -

Very nice. Exposure is good, composition is good, clean bg, etc. I like it.

I would suggest that you may have a very slight yellow cast in the darks of this one (colors balanced well in highlights). I think that you could bring down the bg just a bit and increase contrast between the bird and bg. You might try a a Color Balance Layer and to the shadows only add about 4 or 5 points of to Blue and see what you think. This is just a suggestion of something to try as the image is very nice as is too.

Kiran Poonacha
12-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Loved the light here bhai, nice details and I like the extra space around too..

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Harshad...liked the shooting angle and the light angle. The composition as well. But there is something strange about the feather texture. I am not able to articulate that....there is a brush-strokes kinda look. Lets wait and see if others feel the same.

Anand Kavalapara
12-22-2009, 10:46 AM
+1 to everything in Kaustubh's comment.

Always a fan of a well defined catch light as in this.

Anand

Harshad Barve
12-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Harshad...liked the shooting angle and the light angle. The composition as well. But there is something strange about the feather texture. I am not able to articulate that....there is a brush-strokes kinda look. Lets wait and see if others feel the same.

Nothing done to fethers here KD , :confused::confused:

Axel Hildebrandt
12-22-2009, 02:17 PM
I like the angle and relatively calm water. I wish the bird were angled toward you and since the reflection is not so great, I might crop some off the bottom. I would also tone down the whites more.

Randy Stout
12-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Harshad:

Nicely presented. I do agree with others about a small crop up from the bottom.

Cheers

Randy

denise ippolito
12-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Harshad, I love the painterly feel to this. The water color is lovely. I like it alot. :)

Jim Fenton
12-22-2009, 05:58 PM
On my monitor the exposure looks perfect. Whites are bright, but not overly so?

Detail / sharpness looks perfect and I really enjoy the green background.

Agree with those who have suggested cropping some from the bottom. I'd also take a little from the top balance it back out.

Danny J Brown
12-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Hey HB - What a cool looking duck that I've never seen. The background on this one is awesome. I just love that green color.