PDA

View Full Version : Living Legend

Harshad Barve
12-22-2009, 05:20 AM
Dear all
made this with D300 , 600mm, ISO 200, 1/800, f4.5 , tripod, FF

He is Legendary male of Bandhavgarh NP called B2 ,
More info and color image here http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43230

Coverted in B&W to minimize effect of harsh light

All C & C are welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Ken Watkins
12-22-2009, 06:03 AM
Firstly I am glad to see he is still alive. I only saw him once in March 2005, and we got a good sighting before the hordes arrived. Conversion works well but I would prefer less road.

Grace Scalzo
12-22-2009, 06:46 AM
What a fantastic creature. I too would like less road, and I'm missing his eye, it really gets lost in the b/w version.

Steve Kaluski
12-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi Harshad, sorry, but I am going to be rather negative on this one.:(

Out of all the images I have seen, sadly this I feel is the weakest as the B/W conversion doesn't really help the overall image. I think probably that it's just tonally flat, as there are no real black & whites and contrast in the image, where possibly the colour version would be better? I did take a look and am not too sure what you may need to do to improve it? However, I might have a ponder later on.:)

Steve

Harshad Barve
12-22-2009, 10:09 AM

Out of all the images I have seen, sadly this I feel is the weakest as the B/W conversion doesn't really help the overall image. I think probably that it's just tonally flat, as there are no real black & whites and contrast in the image, where possibly the colour version would be better? I did take a look and am not too sure what you may need to do to improve it? However, I might have a ponder later on.:)

Steve

Steve , I really appreciate your honest critiques ,

Alfred Forns
12-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi Harshad It is difficult making a wildlife B&W that works, Peter did some body parts which I like and were interesting. For this one you need to have a killer conversion and this looks sort of flat, will try to play with it see if I can come up with something !!

David Stephens
12-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I much prefer the color version of this powerful animal in the link that you provided. The pose is better there and the color reveals good details, despite the harsh light.

Dave

Marc Mol
12-22-2009, 05:24 PM

Steve

Have to agree with Steve here Harshad the overall tonality of the scene here is just a little too flat.
Superb portrait of this big guy nonetheless.
TFS

Steve Canuel
12-23-2009, 12:59 AM
Tigers need to be seen in color! Save the black and white conversions for the zebras. :D

Gabi Sandu
12-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Very nice shot and interesting B&W convertion with this wonderfull tiger. Ca we see also the photo in colors?