PDA

View Full Version : Cya later.

Ian McHenry
02-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Although I prefer to have animals coming diagonally towards me sometimes a going away picture is worth a few frames.
Bennetts Wallaby @ Willowbank Wildlife Reserve.
Pentax K10D and Tamron 70-300 @ 75mm.
400 ISO, 1/750 F5.6, Minus 0.5 EV, Multi segment metered.
Partial crop. Time 12.41 PM.
Ian McHenry

Alfred Forns
02-18-2008, 09:10 PM
................ I thought it was a "roo m8t :o Nothing wrong with the animal going away Would just crop a little different Maybe have him further down in the frame with more space up top Love the in the air pose Can't wait to see my first in person !!!!!!

btw I used to be a full member of the Whangaroa Fishing Club !!!

Ian McHenry
02-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Cheers Al.
Sorry no Marlin in flight pix !!! LOL.

Ian McHenry
02-19-2008, 12:24 AM
In response to Al's comments here is a different crop of wallaby in motion.
Ian Mc

Alfred Forns
02-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi Ian ..... a roo that size needs more room ...... :cool:

I like your bottom crop Would also add some room to the right Just extended canvas Sort of gives to roo room to move into Also did a slight color adjustment Removed a tad of green and added a pinch of yellow ....btw are you keeping us with all these units of meassurement :eek::):) Let me know what you think

Alfred Forns
02-20-2008, 07:45 AM
..........btw I do love how these images start then we are able to make little changes coming up with a winner !!!

Ian McHenry
02-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks Al.
Appreciate the feedback.
I like the addition of extra canvas. Nice job. Something I have not attempted yet.
I prefer your colour change to the colour in my 2nd shot.
Don't know yet if I can adjust yellow in Photoshop Elements.
Checked "Color Variations" but only RGB and lighten darken !!
Another thing to learn for me !!!
Regarding colour : I think my original post has slightly more natural colour but when it comes to "Art" the colour in your edit gives the more stand out "Art" shot.
Sometimes difficult to decide whether to go for "Most Natural" or best "Art" image i.e. something that really pops.
Finally here is original pix resized but otherwise unedited.
Enjoying this jigsaw.
Cheers: Ian Mc