PDA

View Full Version : Rosebud

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-21-2009, 05:19 PM
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/9361086-lg.jpg

40D. 70-200 f/4L non-IS at 188mm. with extension tube. iso 800. f/13. 1/320. hand-held.

All opinions welcome.

Ed Vatza
12-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Kaustubh, I like the flower here and the background is excellent. I don't like the little twig on the right side pointing upward. As I looked at this image, my eye kept bouncing back and forth between the flowers which seemed the obvious choice as a subject and the twig and little thingy (bud) at the end which seems a less obvious choice as subject. In either event, the flowers dominant and the twig detracts. Just my opinion.

Julie Kenward
12-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Yes, my eye bounces back and forth between the twig and the flowers but...I feel the twig balances the image. I think without it the crop would have to be tight on the flowers or there would be too much negative space. I also like that the leaf on the twig is showing signs of life - to me this is what the image is all about - SPRING - renewal. To me it feels very "zen" and I very much like it.

Mike Moats
12-22-2009, 07:43 AM
I kinda like it. I don't mind my eye moving back and forth. Background looks good and good sharp details.

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Thx everyone. This one is from earlier this year. I was very new to digital photography and extension tubes then. I intend to work on these flowers more in the next spring....and yes, I will be using a tripod.

Ramesh Adkoli
12-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Kaustubh, nice BG and good details in spite of hand holding. My only grouse is for a tighter composition. May be a different angle would have brought the twig and flowers closer. TFS.

regards,
ramesh

Anita Bower
12-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Beautiful. The twig doesn't bother me. Love the colors, the simple compostion, and the textured BG. What is the BG?

Kaustubh Deshpande
12-23-2009, 03:19 PM
BG is just a wall :-) Its not a setup though.

Thx everyone.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">