PDA

View Full Version : He is ugly BUT He is focused.

VinceRossi
12-21-2009, 04:35 PM
I took this picture at Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ. I like the picture because if I zoom in tight on his Eye, you can make out the reflection of my car in his eyeball. I found that to be quite neat. Just the little things in life that make me happy.

July 10, 2009
Aperture Prioity
ISO 400
Exp. 0
F 5.3
220 mm
1/320

Anita Rakestraw
12-21-2009, 05:25 PM
LOL, I like him - think he's cute! And yes, he's in focus! ;) Love the cocky look he's giving you and the reflection of your car is fun. The little things in life that make us happy are important!! I think our avian photography gives us alot of those "little things."

Oscar Zangroniz
12-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Great composition and the look almost says "you want me"
Congrats

Alfred Forns
12-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Does make me happy also and my favorite from the ones you have posted, besides making you feel good it has impact !!!

Excellent head angle, sharp, nicely cropped and all that feel !!! Big Congrats !!!

Gus Cobos
12-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi Vince,
I like the close up in your face look with an attitude...you have good color rendition and fine details...love the eye...keep them coming...:cool:

Lance Peters
12-22-2009, 02:46 AM
Hi Vince - like it a lot, Good HA and well exposed, the reflection in the eye is very nice with the rays of sunshine - I would sharpen the bird just a little more.
Good show :)

David Stephens
12-22-2009, 12:22 PM
- I would sharpen the bird just a little more.
Good show :)

Lance, have you got any tips on when sharpening is "just right"? I didn't think this image needed sharpening, unitl you mentioned it, and, even then, I'm not sure.

When I'm processing, I look at the image when I sharpen and might take it a too high, watching for when I start to lose ground, and then go back with the slider to find a sweet spot. Just looking at an image like this one, what are you looking for?

Lance Peters
12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Lance, have you got any tips on when sharpening is "just right"? I didn't think this image needed sharpening, unitl you mentioned it, and, even then, I'm not sure.

When I'm processing, I look at the image when I sharpen and might take it a too high, watching for when I start to lose ground, and then go back with the slider to find a sweet spot. Just looking at an image like this one, what are you looking for?

hi david - I always go by feel - dont get me wrong the OP is sharp!!! just think you could get some more detail in some area's with some additional... Its quite subtle but see if you can see any difference here.

David Stephens
12-22-2009, 03:04 PM
hi david - I always go by feel - dont get me wrong the OP is sharp!!! just think you could get some more detail in some area's with some additional... Its quite subtle but see if you can see any difference here.

Yes, I see it.

I also go by "feel" in my own processing, alternately moving the sliders too far, then not enough and then zeroing in as I was the preview. It's probably just a matter of me gaining more experience.

Thanks for your response.

Dave

VinceRossi
12-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks again for the respnse. I also go by feel on the sharpening and other adjustments. I have recently been told that I might be over doing my post processing. Maybe I tried to avaoid that with this pic. I can see where your additional sharpening worked.

Speaking of sharpening...I tried PhotoKit Sharpener and I could figure out how to use it. Too many steps without any reaction to the project. Is it really a good sharpening device?

Katie Rupp
12-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Very nice capture with lots of detail and I like Lance's repost which brings out even more detail. Bird does have attitude.