PDA

View Full Version : Zion National Park "Fall Setting"

James Salywoda
12-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Zion National Park, Utah

This place is really beautiful as I enjoyed my stay a few months ago.:)

Nikon D300 Tokina 12-24 2 stops GND

Thanks For Looking

Jim

susanschermer
12-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi James - I was there on Oct. 25 and Nov 2 this year. The trees were in beautiful color. You have some very nice light and a good sky. Good use of the 2-stop. You didn't say what your f-stop/shutter speed was, but you managed to get some blurring of the water - I'd prefer a little slower speed. Good composition and includes a nice reflection of the tree in the water. Congratulations.

Dave Mills
12-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi James, You certainly caught Zion at just the right time for beautiful color. I've been at the place you shot this and your composition is excellent! The reflection also adds to it. I felt the image was a bit flat and needed more contrast and used Robert's excellent tutorial to bring the image up somewhat. I'm not a photoshop guru but have my own quirky methods of doing things. I played with some of his different methods and came up with this...

Roman Kurywczak
12-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Hey James,
Welcome to the forum!!!.....nice to see you in here!!! Many ways to get to the final point but I think Dave is on the right track on bringing up the contrast and perhaps pulling a bit back on the brightness on the mountains. Nicely composed otherwise and VG use of the river to lead us through the image!

Robert Amoruso
12-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Nice scene and I like what Dave did with the tweaks.

He mentions my tutorials which can be found at the top of this forum in a Sticky. I would have suggested a contrast increase (curves adjustment) and Shadows/Highlights adjustment but just for bringing down the highlights in the mountains.

James Salywoda
12-22-2009, 03:31 AM
The repost looks great Dave thanks for taking the time.
And thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions.

Jim Neely
12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Beautifully seen and photographed. The repost is nice, too.

jn

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Very nice James