PDA

View Full Version : Looking for locations.

Dave Walz
12-21-2009, 08:15 AM
I am going to Ft. Myers Beach for the holidays,and I was wondering, other than the obvious places like Ding Darling, Estero Lagoon and maybe Cape Coral, are there any other places I might want to visit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank to everyone in advance. Happy holidays!!!

Dave
www.myphotographybydave.com

Axel Hildebrandt
12-21-2009, 09:19 AM
You could ask this question also in the Southeast regional forum.

Alfred Forns
12-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Venice Rookery is not that far away and worth a trip Do check in the Southeast regional for specifics !!!

David Smith
12-21-2009, 03:13 PM
You might also take a trip to Corkscrew Swamp, which is just East of Ft. Myers..

Dave

Norm Dulak
12-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Dave:

I think what you need is to post your inquiry in the southeast regional forum.

I agree that the Venice Rookery would be a good place to visit. It's not that far north of Ft. Myers Beach, and from the shore there you can get quite close to nesting herons and egrets.

If you are willing to take a longer trip, still farther north is Celery Fields near Sarasota, which is a terrific place to photograph sandhill cranes relatively up close.

Norm

Chris Hansen
12-21-2009, 04:22 PM
I would second Corkscrew Swamp. I loved seeing what a Cypress Swamp looked like. I can't vouch for the photo opportunities as I went in summer. but i sure enjoyed the baby gator images i got when i was there.

God bless,

chris