PDA

View Full Version : Does this compo works

Harshad Barve
12-21-2009, 05:12 AM
Dear all
Tiger was too close for 600mm, cropped vert from original horizontal , does this compo works :confused:
This was made on one very hot afternoon and he was relaxing in shadows
D300, 600mm, f6.3, ISO 200 , 1/160 , beanbag
All C & C are welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Steve Kaluski
12-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Harshad, I guess there is no more image to the L or R?

I might also watch the 'sharpening' side. The face, eyes, head are spot on, but the whiskers for me, do look over sharpened a tad IMHO. Like the concentrated stare, a good portrait, but would like to have a bit more room.

I have found that once you have got the 'shot in the bag' so to speak, then I change the orientation of the camera, or angle. It just gives you another option/angle which might be better, but you still have the shot you wanted too? :)

Steve

Gus Cobos
12-21-2009, 06:08 AM
A beautiful portrait Harshadhhai,
The vertical crop works very well...I like the facial expression and relaxed look of this majestic cat. The color rendition and details are very good...looking forward to your next one Sir...:):cool:

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
12-21-2009, 08:31 AM
The composition works for me, but I might take a little off the top. Love the relax pose with sharp eye and fur details. Agree about the whisker, might be from over sharpen or from image resize. The one tall grass in front of the face help with the relax pose but I wish it was a little lower.

Alfred Forns
12-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Crop works .. might want to go a little tighter with that good looking face !! Image is sharp and I'm amazed at how well you can hold at those slow shutter speeds !!!

VinceRossi
12-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Boy I wish I had that problem of the tiger being tooo close for 600mm. What a great shot. He looks so tame.

Anita Rakestraw
12-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Harshad, the crop is fine and it's a lovely tiger portrait! In a perfect world, the background would be a little more oof, and the tallest stem of grass in front of him would be gone. ;)

Bill Dix
12-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Crop looks very good to me. I might take away just a tad from the top and add it to the bottom for the 'virtual paw', but that's a minor nit. A great image. Wonderful stare and great detail. I'm not seeing any oversharpening on my screen. Well done!