PDA

View Full Version : The 'Cub' for BR

Steve Kaluski
12-21-2009, 03:49 AM
In an earlier thread I had talked about a leopard cub which sadly didn't make it. Well, here is the new edition and is doing well from my last readings from the camp.

For those that had missed the thread, this is a two week old leopard cub, Mum is to the left in the foreground.

The blade of grass at the beginning really annoyed me, but over time I have come to accept it and think it might add something, however lets see what you guys think? Probably a tad off the bottom wouldn't hurt & the light is a bit bright, IMHO.

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 1/400 f/13 (heat of the moment, or old age:eek:) ISO400 (hand held)

Harshad Barve
12-21-2009, 03:55 AM
Steve
I will take 2 week cub in any light or no light ;):D
Grass blade do not bother me at all here , cropping from bottom will loose feel of protective mum and f13 worked well
TFS

ps , did I say , I am JEALOUS :D

Harshad Barve
12-21-2009, 04:23 AM
I forgot to mention , this cub is incredibly cute :)

Ken Watkins
12-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Steve,

Well the grass is a bit of a problem, but at least you got it in focus! F13 indeed I used to do that and still do!

Nice teeth!

Marc Mol
12-21-2009, 07:10 AM
There's not too many of us with a 2 week old Leopard cub in their portfolio Steve, so all kudos to you for this image, blade of grass and all!
Nice job handling the side lighting. Would your ethics & PS skills allow this to be removed?
TFS

Alfred Forns
12-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Steve I love it as presented, you could make another image out of it cropping the bottom for a tighter shot !!! Cuteness over the top !! Big Congrats !!! ... sure hope this one makes it !!!

Gerrie van Vuuren
12-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Blade of grass adds to the cuteness factor. Great sighting & capture.:)

Steve Kaluski
12-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Who knows guys, but I think he/she will. I just want to share, nothing else.

Steve

Grace Scalzo
12-22-2009, 06:48 AM
Thank you for sharing this Steve. I think you did an excellent job of capturing this wonder, blade of grass and all.

louise lebel
12-22-2009, 07:10 AM
This is a great picture, the subject itself is unique. While most of us are sitting at home looking out at the white frosty northen winter, here is this little guy looking at us, illuminated in bright sunshine. The composition is alive with youth and anticipation:as he seen you,or is he just daydreaming? What will he do next, pounce on the blade of grass and chew on it? And what about the photographer? How did he do this shot? Did he use a blind? Did he just "stumble" on this family scene?

Kiran Khanzode
12-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I know how tough it is to get clean shots in the wild. It's a unique subject, I wish the light was better. That twig...ouch, it does get in the way of my enjoyment.