PDA

View Full Version : Bill Jobes and AM

Arthur Morris
12-20-2009, 11:13 AM
This image from the mostly aborted Mid-Atlantic BPN GTG. Image created on Friday afternoon by soon-to-be BPN member Susan ""Chicken" Liddle.

Alfred Forns
12-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Looking good guys !! Bummer about the weather !!!

denise ippolito
12-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Too bad the GTG got canceled. I was looking forward to meeting everyone. There is always Florida!!:) Looking good!!:D

Paul Lagasi
12-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Really is a bummer...good to see you got some photography in...hope you try again..looks pretty cool

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Sorry you all encountered some bad weather but you both are looking good in this image despite the weather. thanks for sharing Artie !!!

Arthur Morris
12-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks all. As a lover of what is, I found the weather perfect. And, I got to meet Diane and Bill for the first time and see Axel again as well. And I met Susan who has promised to join. It would have been nice to meet a few more folks had not the blizzard materialized but that just got me back with my family a day or two earlier. And, how's this for fun: after two 50 minutes sessions I just finished shoveling my Mom's path and driveway of 26 inches of snow plus the higher pile by the curb where they plowed us in. All that in hopes of getting to Morton NWR in Sag Harbor early tomorrow to photograph some wintering songbirds. Bird feeding is actually encouraged there!

denise ippolito
12-20-2009, 05:51 PM
You got to meet me too:(

Axel Hildebrandt
12-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Good idea that someone brought a lens shorter than 500mm. Makes portraits like this easier. :)

Arthur Morris
12-20-2009, 07:41 PM
You got to meet me too:(

Whaddya talking about? When I wrote this, "And, I got to meet Diane and Bill for the first time." I meant to write, "And, I got to meet Denise and Bill for the first time."

Who the heck did you think Diane was??? When you are dealing with us old folks, you need to make allowances :)

Sorry about the brain typo. ;)

Arthur Morris
12-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Good idea that someone brought a lens shorter than 500mm. Makes portraits like this easier. :)

That was actually with Bill Jobes' point and shoot.

denise ippolito
12-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Whaddya talking about? When I wrote this, "And, I got to meet Diane and Bill for the first time." I meant to write, "And, I got to meet Denise and Bill for the first time."

Who the heck did you think Diane was??? When you are dealing with us old folks, you need to make allowances :)

Sorry about the brain typo. ;)

I thought Diane was Bill's wife or girlfriend. :):p

Arthur Morris
12-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Nope, the only one with Bill was his 600 Nikon (and his bad back...). He just made it to the jetty before quitting but got some good images of a gull eating a starfish. I have only seen that on the West Coast....

Gus Cobos
12-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Looking good guys...the weather is not that bad...:eek::D:cool:

Harshad Barve
12-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Looking great Guruji and Bill , Hope to meet you soon ,
TFS

Morkel Erasmus
12-22-2009, 03:35 PM
looking good guys...always nice to put a face to a name on this site...especially a face on a photo larger than an avatar :)