PDA

View Full Version : "Mr. Lonely"

Gus Cobos
12-19-2009, 10:00 PM
“Mr. Lonely”

Note:
This image was converted to monochrome, for visual impact. It was also under exposed to simulate nighttime.

This gentile giant looked a tad on the sad side, like he needed a little tender loving care. Mr. lonely is a resident of The Bronx Zoo, in New York. He was painted with a Nikon D300s, using a Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED lens, with a Nikkor 1.4 T/C.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 420mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera spot metering / 1/320 sec - f/6.3 /exposure comp @ -1.0EV / ISO @ 800 / white balance @ auto / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ monochrome / lighting solution – ambient light / tone comp @ 1 degree / hue adjustment @ 1 degree / saturation factor @ 1 degree / support platform – monopod.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Alfred Forns
12-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Mission accomplished Gus !!! Great subject to work with, lots of crop possibilities with that face !!!

kostas nianiopoulos
12-20-2009, 06:29 AM
one of my fovorite animals , 1st why its riminds my my body 2nd coz its strong and calm . great image Gus well done .
P.S. any one knows a good diet ????

Cheryl Slechta
12-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Gus, what a wonderful image. He looks so sad and your treatment expresses it so well. I'd love a crop right
above the dark spot to the left of his eye also. Elephants are so human-like which you can see in his eye and
his posture.