PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly in Katmai N.P.

Miro Zumrik
01-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I have been long time dreaming to go - last year Mid. September dreams come true.
I would highly recommend to anybody. The feel of close touch with Bears everyday, everywhere you go is simple amazing. Still I have no time to consolidate all pictures taken there within 5 days ( more than 5k) but some I used publishing in Wall calendaries.
Comments and critique more than welcome.
Miro

D. Robert Franz
01-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Nice low angle. I think I know the exact spot you were standing. Image tells a story for sure. Nice colorful salmon. Held detail in both the water and the dark bear, well done. Seems a bit soft overall on my monitor. Maybe a touch more USM and contrast would make it pop a bit more....

Jasper Doest
01-05-2008, 05:52 AM
Hi Miro,

Excellent behavior captured! Too bad it was that overcast that day....as it misses the sparkle to make this one stand out. It is a bit too tight in frame for my taste and I fully agree with Robert about the sharpening.

Howard Burkert
01-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Miro,I like your image alot.Awesome that you can see blood from the fish squirting onto the Bear! Nice Capture.I think we may have been at Katmai the same time.Were you with Rostislav, Ladislav, and Vaclav from the Czech Republic? I was at Katmai the last week it was open. I have a post on this same page called"Two Bears And A Fish" if you care to look at it. Also will be posting many more soon.Thanks for sharing your image.
Best,
Howard.