PDA

View Full Version : Osprey

Richard Mc Donald
12-19-2009, 10:04 AM
http://nhulunbuy.com/osp.jpg

Second dive for the morning with a nil score.

Canon 1D MKII EF 500mm f/4 - 1.4 extender

ISO400 - f/8 - 1/1000sec - -1exp

East Arhnem Land NT Australia

Richard

Axel Hildebrandt
12-19-2009, 02:30 PM
I like the angle, eye contact, droplets and BG. I would give it a bit more room, sharpen the bird more and tone down the overexposed whites.

Doug Brown
12-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Nice pose and BG. Agree with Axel about toning down the whites and sharpening a little more. Some extra canvas all around, in particular the top, bottom, and left, would help.

paul leverington
12-19-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm diggin this shot Richard. Fantastic BG full of dynamic interest, and the color contrast against the bird is wonderful. Wish for less motion blur on his right wing--but that being said, it's not a deal breaker. Others suggestions are spot on. The edges on the right wing primaries by the way I'm thinking should reflect the general ammount of motion blur of the rest of the wing, so maybe they are edges oversharpened a bit? Maybe an illusion, but there was a slight "cut out" look to those primaries on that side to my eye. His eye looks like it could benefit from some saturation on the yellows, and that would certainly make this overall pop more. I love the artistic nature to this shot, and I think with some tweaking it's a definite wall hanger.

Paul