PDA

View Full Version : Night Fishing

kostas nianiopoulos
12-19-2009, 06:17 AM
http://www.imagevimage.com/images/psarema_tin_nixta2.jpg (http://www.imagevimage.com/)

this image has taken maybe 3-4 minutes after the sun gone , the is almost natural , i have rise up the saturation in the full frame of the image 10-12 present if i remember well ..
the summer in Greece is verry strong , there is plenty of light , strong sun , and if u travel near to the sea or the Greek islands u will see a lot images like it , with a lot saturation . The heat is big too , some times comes african heat waves .
The guy u see , is real and he was fishing in the night with out fishing rod. The fishing rod is fake from an other image .

saturation (10-12 present in the full frame image) , crop , topaz denoise , contrast about 20 present , layer with the fishing rod.

canon eos 50d
shutter speed 1/41
lens aperture 5,7
focal length 90mm
iso speed 1600
metering mode matrix

Bill Jobes
12-19-2009, 07:24 AM
This is a very engaging image, Kostas.
The comp balance is excellent, with the position of the bouy, as well as the top of the mountain line and the bottom of the pier or jetty line.
The light reflecting on the water adds even more interest, as does the person fishing.
Nice work!

Alfred Forns
12-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Really nice Kostas Sure like that water and sky color, composition just right for me !!

I was going to suggest to alter the horizon line but can't figure which way to go, like it all as is !!!!

Lance Peters
12-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Congrats Kostas - Like this as it is - IMHO wouldn't change a thing.
Great feel.
Good show :)

Anita Rakestraw
12-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Another beautiful image from Greece, Kostas! You're making me want to be there in person. :) Could use just a tiny CCW rotation, I think.

Gus Cobos
12-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Fantastic compositiin, with very good color rendition Kostas...I like it as presented...well done...show us more...:D:cool:

kostas nianiopoulos
12-20-2009, 01:09 AM
thank u so muh for the replys all , thank u , a lot ..

Jeff Cashdollar
12-25-2009, 11:40 PM
Maybe a bit off the top, its all about feel regarding cropping IMO - well done.