PDA

View Full Version : MY XMAS CARD to evryone at BPN!

Jack Graham
12-19-2009, 04:38 AM
Happy Holidays and a great 2010 from Oregon

It's been a year.I've spent 178 nights on the road and I am sure glad to be home for the holidays. I'll have time to catch up, plan..... and work toward 2010.

I've been lurking here often and am happy to see some really great images in all forums and the growth of BPN.
I hope I can be more active in 2010... I will try.

Here is an image shot a few years ago on the south side of Mt. Hood in the Cooper Spur area. Timing was everything as the snow was just about ending and the wind had not kicked in yet, leaving snow on the spruces in the BG.

I used this as my Xmas card a few years ago, so again I'll use it here to say HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all and a prosperous and healthy 2010.

Best regards,
Jack

Shot Winter 2007...Nikion D200, Nikon 80-200mm F2.8

Robert Amoruso
12-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi Jack, thanks for posting and have a great holiday season too.

Great use of leading lines in this image - the fence and the crop rows, the line of trees all going to the barn.

About the only suggesting I would have had is not cutting the fence line in the lower left corner but having it enter the image above the bottom.

Dave Mills
12-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi Jack, Your comp is well handled and I agree with Robert regarding the fence on the lower left.
I also wish you and yours a healthy and happy holiday season!!

Roman Kurywczak
12-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi Jack,
Happy Holidays to you and your family also and looking forward to more images like this from you!

I agree with Robert's and Dave's suggestion on the fence but a minor fix and the rest is very nicely handled! Nice job keeping the tree line intact while minimizing the sky and really nice placement of the barn. Very nicely done!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
12-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Happy Holidays and very nice image