Harshad Barve
12-19-2009, 03:02 AM
Dear all
Made this with D300, 600mm, ISO 800, 1/125, f4.5 beanbag
All C & C are most welcome & much appreciated
Harshad

david cramer
12-19-2009, 06:56 AM
Beautiful pose with great detail. I'd blur the little grasses coming out of her body (lower front leg, back) and destat and tone down the bright green in urc.

Bill Jobes
12-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Fantastic pose, Harshad.

Even when she's 'relaxing,' you can tell she's still on full alert.

Steve Kaluski
12-19-2009, 08:41 AM
I am beginning to run out of what to say on these images Harshad, now there is a first!:D

I really like the pose and a rather unusual angle too, v good, with an excellent POV. Agree about toning down some of the saturated 'hot spots' and might be tempted to do a little 'gardening' with some of the twigs etc?

All the best
Steve

Robert Amoruso
12-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Well done. I like the sharpness on the head and clean BG.

Alfred Forns
12-19-2009, 10:32 AM
My favorite pose and you got the focus point just right !!! Big Congrats !!!

Danny J Brown
12-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Lovely image, my friend. Beautiful creature.

peter delaney
12-19-2009, 03:34 PM
lovely image, agree about the desat or removal of green spots... love the pose and low angle ...

peter

David Fletcher
12-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Brilliant shot Harshad bhai. TOTALLY disagree with suggestions above. One thing that worries me and has held me back from participating fully here is that I disagree with the forum objective. In my view, the emphasis is to critique which ends up in sterilization. Your image is fabulous. How many suggestions to tweak this, tweak that. bit of gardening? all guilty. How many togs do you really see get into the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the year from these forums. NOT MANY.... why is that? Creativity is cloned out. how many would have tweaked Ajit's Leopard. 90%? 100%. He didn't. Who is the wiser? ```need `i say any more.

Ed Cordes
12-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Beautiful image of a fantastic animal! I agree about desat on the URC green spot.

Marc Mol
12-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Great comp with this classic alert pose Harshad, another fine Tiger image presented.
TFS

Ken Watkins
12-20-2009, 04:16 AM
No nits from me, other than the title which should I think be surveying rather than patrolling.

David raises some interesting points, some of which I tend to agree with.

Harshad Barve
12-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Brilliant shot Harshad bhai. TOTALLY disagree with suggestions above. One thing that worries me and has held me back from participating fully here is that I disagree with the forum objective. In my view, the emphasis is to critique which ends up in sterilization. Your image is fabulous. How many suggestions to tweak this, tweak that. bit of gardening? all guilty. How many togs do you really see get into the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the year from these forums. NOT MANY.... why is that? Creativity is cloned out. how many would have tweaked Ajit's Leopard. 90%? 100%. He didn't. Who is the wiser? ```need `i say any more.

I am 100 % agreed with Davidbhai here, Not a big fan of cloning ( I am poor in cloning too ) and I love my tiger images with habitat showing , How many times you get these big cats in open and with studio BG , may 1 out of 100 , they love small bushes and Lantanas and i think we should live with that ,
Most of the time you will get shot with eye contact and OOF grass blade in front of face:D

Thanks guys for suggations and comments

ps , Davidbhai , I am missing your postings here

Steve Canuel
12-20-2009, 11:38 PM
What a great profile. I like the soft, warm light, the splashes of green in the BG, and the way the body leads the eye to the head. Nicely colored and detailed as well.

Gus Cobos
12-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Love that majestic pose Harshadbhai...well composed and rendered...good show...:cool: