PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Blur - Pelican Landing

Indranil Sircar
12-19-2009, 12:40 AM
The original was an in-camera blur of a pelican landing I had made earlier in the summer. I removed some rocks and oof birds in the bg, applied adjustment layer for bw gradient map and then used layer mask and brushed over the pelican to open up the colors. Used quick mask to select the trail and apply motion blur to get the final effect. Hope you like it...

~ Indranil

denise ippolito
12-19-2009, 07:54 AM
I love it. Great workflow! I like that the space is behind the bird-it adds to the sense of motion. Very nicely done. Details in the body and wings adds alot to this.:)

Christopher Miller
12-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Very nice, Indranil! Love the composition and pose-I can almost feel the pelican skidding to a stop. Only thing I don't like is that the bird's head is hidden by the wing, but very nice image regardless. :)

Anita Bower
12-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Very nice! It brings a smile to my face.

Indranil Sircar
12-20-2009, 04:33 AM
Thanks for all the comments. Appreciate it a lot.

Cheryl Slechta
12-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Indrail, nice motion blur! And I appreciate your work flow - I was trying the same thing last night with
a white pelican but didn't accomplish much.:(

Julie Kenward
12-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Indranil, this really made me smile as well. What a delightful image. It it were mine I might sharpen the feet and beak a bit more so they really pop against all that motion going on.