PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Ranch

Caspar Davis
12-18-2009, 07:52 PM
We visited Bhost ranch in Abiquiu New Mexico last April just in time to see a snowstorm moving in. The original was quite underexposed I did it on purpose to emphasize mood, but overdid it. I recovered this.

Canon XSi
Shutter speed: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 8
Exposure mode: Program
Metering mode: Center-weighted average
ISO: 200
Lens: 18 to 270mm
Focal length: 23mm

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Alfred Forns
12-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi Caspar Sever conditions lead to excellent images and this is no exception !!

If confronted with this might just bracket a few so I can choose later !! You could enhance contrast in the storm by manipulating the darker clouds. Did the storm go over you? Got any more?

Caspar Davis
12-18-2009, 10:44 PM
I ddi take quite a few, but not enough. I will get a couple more in shape to send. This picture looked much better in Breezebrowser before I sent it and I wonder if I sent the right version (I was on another computer). I will check tomorrow.

We went from here to the visitor center. Several inches of snow fell while we were there, but miraculously (to a Canadian) the roads stayed clear, and we had a fine drive back to Taos where we were staying. We ran out of the snowstorm long before we got to Taos, but there was still snow there as it snowed several inches each of the two nights we were there, again without impairing the roads.

Gus Cobos
12-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Well captured Casper,
I like it as presented...well done...:cool:

Caspar Davis
12-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Here is another version with darker sky.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">