PDA

View Full Version : Back Yard Bobcat 2

Dave Walz
12-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Here is another picture of the same cat I posted a couple of days ago. I turned up the contrast and left more BG in this posting. I liked the body position on this capture.
Comments appreciated
Dave
www.myphotographybydave.com

Canon 5D Mark II
500mm f4 w/ 1.4 extender

f6 +.67 ec

iso 3200

Alfred Forns
12-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi Dave Like this one much better !!!

Here is a suggestion, did a slight crop from the top for proportion and removing the green leaf .. was taking attention from the cat. Increased contrast slightly the resized the sharpen just a tad around the face. I'm sure the increase in size degraded the image quality but would be easier to see changes.

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Superb capture of the bobcat and I too like the second image. Love that we can see a bit of the habitat in this capture and the pose is great. Thanks for sharing.

Ed Cordes
12-18-2009, 09:20 PM
You are a lucky photographer to have these opportunities. I like Al's re post.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-19-2009, 03:40 AM
I agree with Ed. One doesn't come across this species too often. Increasing the contrast and sharpening has helped.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dave Walz
12-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Thank you for the suggestion. I can see the difference in your version. You know I played with taking the green leaf before posting, but just never did.

Dave Walz
12-19-2009, 07:42 AM
Yes you are right. What a great place to live. The truly amazing part of it all is that the pictures were taken through my office window. My wife feeds the songbirds, squirrels, rabbits, etc and that attracts the predators. We have an assortment of hawks, coyotes, foxes and bobcats that visit our yard on a regular basis.

Grace Scalzo
12-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Your office window? How do you ever get any work done? This is a wonderful opportunity and I love the pose that you've captured here. The eyes and the paws really draw my attention. Al did a nice job making the image pop a bit. I'd be inclined to work with the window open so that you are not shooting through it!! Thanks for sharing this image.