PDA

View Full Version : The Hooptie Duex!!

Blake Shadle
02-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Hey everybody! I'm very proud to present... The Hooptie Duex!!

Along with its Captain, James "Darth Vader" Shadle!

Alfred Forns
02-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Sensory Overload !!!!!! One good looking spoon magnet !!! Big Congrats guys Sure looks great !!!!

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Wow what a beauty !!! I am coming up as soon as I can get there James. Congratulations !!!!

Sid Garige
02-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Can he compete with this?

http://luminepixels.com/temp/_DSC4684.jpg:D

Fabs Forns
02-17-2008, 09:53 PM
C'mon, Sid, James doesn't have a prayer :)

Maxis Gamez
02-18-2008, 06:34 AM
Hey Blake!! Awesome man!! Congratulations!!

Philip Pietri
02-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Very nice. You should throw some chrome 22's on that bad boy. I look forward to being a passenger!

George DeCamp
02-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Whoa, that is an awesome boat! Sorry I didn't come this week! ;)
All the best of luck with it and congratulations!

Jim Caldwell
02-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Sweeeeet!!!! Can't wait to see it in person!

Arthur Morris
02-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Very comfy seats and rides like a dream in snooty weather (as opposed to its predecessor...)

later and love, artie

Mike Tracy
02-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Nice vessel.

I need to replace my boat that was stolen a while back. I have been agonizing whether to go your route or get me another flats boat. Fishing has always been my life long passion and what ever I choose will have to suite this purpose as well as afford me the ability to get close enough to photograph birds. Do you find that pontoon boats draft is shallow enough to get into skinny water ? Do you trailer this and if so is it a pain to launch ? Any other specs or info you can provide would be most welcome.

Bob Ferry
02-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Aw C'mon you mean we dont have the luxury of you wading in the water pushing us off sandbars anymore??? Bummer!!! :-)
Bob

Blake Shadle
02-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Aw C'mon you mean we dont have the luxury of you wading in the water pushing us off sandbars anymore??? Bummer!!! :-)
Bob

Hey Bob, that luxury is still available and a common feature of our boat trips! haha :D

I got to do a little boat pulling this weekend and for how big the boat is, it's pretty dadgum light! Tides change way to fast in the Bay!!! (at least it feels that way when you've got 700mm on a group of spoonies) ;)

Blake Shadle
02-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Nice vessel.

I need to replace my boat that was stolen a while back. I have been agonizing whether to go your route or get me another flats boat. Fishing has always been my life long passion and what ever I choose will have to suite this purpose as well as afford me the ability to get close enough to photograph birds. Do you find that pontoon boats draft is shallow enough to get into skinny water ? Do you trailer this and if so is it a pain to launch ? Any other specs or info you can provide would be most welcome.

Hi Mike, I'm not sure about a lot of your questions, but the depth all depends on what you call skinny water ;) Saturday we were floating in one foot, 5 people and loaded with gear.

James Shadle
02-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Mike,
Positives.
Very shallow draft, Lots of room!
Not bad to launch (I trailer the Deux), I have a 40hp ETec, fuel consumption is great, oil use is awesome!
Very dry ride, incredibly stable ( my first sea trial in the Deux was 20+ knot winds!)

Negatives.
Slow, HP does not make the same kind of difference it does in a skiff.
It is semi-planing, so it will float in the same water as a skiff but does not lift like a skiff.
So a skiff wins hands down for shallow water under power.
It looks nerdy.

Capt Darth Shadle

Judd Patterson
02-24-2008, 11:55 PM
From the quality of the images coming off the Hooptie Deux, I don't think any of us are too concerned about the nerdy look. :) Can't believe that it'll float with 5 folks and gear in a foot of water...cool.

Maxis Gamez
02-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Actually LESS than a foot of water! :)

Bob Ferry
02-26-2008, 02:47 AM
I knew you guys wouldnt let us down...:-). I still have the pics of James pulling us around waist deep...LOL

On a different note. I see James is pushing the Tamron 70-300 lens in the latest issue of OP magazine. Im looking to upgrade my lenses and have a bid on a 50-500 Sigma but dont think the bid will hold. Is the Tamron truly a great lens and is it one you guys would recommend?. Im looking for a lens with great glass, and easy function. Ever since James lent me his 80-400 Im hooked on longer focal length but the 1000+ pricetag is a bit outta range right now.

Bob