Another one from my travels.

D3
Nikon 500mm F4 with 1.7X Converter
F8
1/25TH
1600 ISO
Matrix Metering
Tripod

a tad taken from either side - otherwise close to full frame, the BG is the reflection of a sunset in the water.
Comments welcome :)

Gus Cobos
12-18-2009, 06:15 AM
This is one sweet image Mr. Peters...I like the glow hue in the background. The whites are in check. I like the head turn pose with the sharp clear eye...well done Sir. :cool:

Alfred Forns
12-18-2009, 01:27 PM
I Love This Image !!! ... all about feel and this is way over the top !! Sweet !!!

kostas nianiopoulos
12-18-2009, 05:54 PM
verry good image Lance . well done .

Richard Waas
12-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Lance, another fabulous image. I love the BG and turned head with the sharp eye really is awesome. Super congrats!!

Anita Rakestraw
12-18-2009, 06:42 PM
I love it too!! Gorgeous light, gorgeous work! When I first read Al's comment, I thought he said "all about FEET" and had to laugh - he does like feet and this shows them (or one of them) well. ;);)

Caspar Davis
12-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Itsa beauty!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

WIlliam Maroldo
12-18-2009, 08:36 PM
I like the background color, pose, head turn, composition and exposure. I was wondering about the name "snowy" in the title, which I think of as Snowy Egrets, which I don't think this is;) (we call them Great Egrets), or are the names different in Australia? Doesn't really matter, its a very good image.:) regards~Bill

RichardLaBella
12-18-2009, 08:52 PM
the BG is the reflection of a sunset in the water.

I initially thought the image was taken from flat on the ground as the foreground ground seems to stretch to infinity and for me that makes this a unique, killer image (aside from the fact that the subject, background all look perfect).

However, your comment that the BG is a reflection on the water has me guessing. How did you achieve this 'from here to eternity look' of the foreground if not with your chin in the sand?

Anyhow, thanks for posting this as it was the photo highlight of my day.

Lance Peters
12-18-2009, 08:59 PM
I initially thought the image was taken from flat on the ground as the foreground ground seems to stretch to infinity and for me that makes this a unique, killer image (aside from the fact that the subject, background all look perfect).

However, your comment that the BG is a reflection on the water has me guessing. How did you achieve this 'from here to eternity look' of the foreground if not with your chin in the sand?

Anyhow, thanks for posting this as it was the photo highlight of my day.

The answer is in the feet :)
He is not standing on the sand - he is perched on the front of a aluminium boat, which put him at my eye level - the boat was sitting on a large lake which would have been a mile across,so as the sunset and the colours reflected in the water I went to work ;)
Really amazing I ended up a few feet away from this guy and he happily went about his business.

Bill Dix
12-19-2009, 01:58 PM
A really beautiful image. Love the peachy light, the perfect backwards look, and the feet. Thanks for sharing this one.