PDA

View Full Version : In the Way

Danny J Brown
12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
I had to shoo these two beauties away to get photos of a kingfisher on this snag last Sunday. I love it when problems become opportunities.

Harshad Barve
12-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Oh man , What a dilema you must be in , on one side super looking ducks and on other great KF , Would love to indulge in such situations
TFS

Axel Hildebrandt
12-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Ah, this is why they are called wood ducks. :)

Alfred Forns
12-17-2009, 10:28 PM
... wish I had that problem :)

Gus Cobos
12-18-2009, 06:00 AM
I'm willing to take this problem head on...:D Nice catch Danny...:cool:

Julie Kenward
12-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Yeah, it's a hard life, ain't it Danny?:D

Judy Lynn Malloch
12-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow that sure was a tough decision but glad there was one to be made,:):) Really like how this image includes the habitat and both the male and female. Great find Danny and big congrats. !!!

Arthur Morris
12-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Man, the guy that thought that the broken sticks added to the kingfisher image would love this one!

Danny J Brown
12-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Man, the guy that thought that the broken sticks added to the kingfisher image would love this one!

I hope you are talking about somebody else, Artie, because I never said it added to the image - I only said I was too lazy to remove it.:) By the way, that image made National Geographic's Daily Dozen. That was my fifth try at cracking Susan Welchman's (Photo Editor) firewall - I guess she prefers the whimsical shots.

I went back to the kingfisher spot this morning and sat there for three hours in the snowy cold looking at a birdless snag. It made me realize how lucky I was to get the shot the first time. Take care, my friend.

Arthur Morris
12-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Danny Boy,

re:

I hope you are talking about somebody else, Artie, because I never said it added to the image - I only said I was too lazy to remove it.:)

Understood. Was not referring to you but to a guy who posted that the broken branch added to the quality of the image....

By the way, that image made National Geographic's Daily Dozen. That was my fifth try at cracking Susan Welchman's (Photo Editor) firewall - I guess she prefers the whimsical shots.

Do post a link....

I went back to the kingfisher spot this morning and sat there for three hours in the snowy cold looking at a birdless snag. It made me realize how lucky I was to get the shot the first time.

As most of us noted :) :) :)

Danny J Brown
12-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Danny Boy,

re:

I hope you are talking about somebody else, Artie, because I never said it added to the image - I only said I was too lazy to remove it.:)

Understood. Was not referring to you but to a guy who posted that the broken branch added to the quality of the image....

By the way, that image made National Geographic's Daily Dozen. That was my fifth try at cracking Susan Welchman's (Photo Editor) firewall - I guess she prefers the whimsical shots.

Do post a link....

I went back to the kingfisher spot this morning and sat there for three hours in the snowy cold looking at a birdless snag. It made me realize how lucky I was to get the shot the first time.

As most of us noted :) :) :)

Whoops, I sounded a bit defensive, eh? Hey, did you notice that in deference to the master I cloned out the broken stick on my second posting of the same bird? It does look a little better!

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52235

Arthur Morris
12-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Did not notice but here is one of my many rules for art: anything out-of-focus that protrudes towards the viewer and is in front of the plane of the subject is an image killer. Folks who like dead images may of course feel free to disregard that rule. And I am thinking that that is one rule that I have never seen broken successfully.

As for the thin skin, no sweat. I had figgered that you read the guy's comment. I chose to ignore it.

Danny J Brown
12-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Did not notice but here is one of my many rules for art: anything out-of-focus that protrudes towards the viewer and is in front of the plane of the subject is an image killer. Folks who like dead images may of course feel free to disregard that rule. And I am thinking that that is one rule that I have never seen broken successfully.

As for the thin skin, no sweat. I had figgered that you read the guy's comment. I chose to ignore it.

I'll keep an eye out for that one. I took your suggestion and posted the Nat Geo info on the Avian page with a last look at the BKF. I wasn't going to do it but felt better about it after your suggestion. Have a great weekend!